Digital Method for Determining the Initial Phase of a Harmonic Signal at a Sampling Frequency Less Than the Nyquist Frequency
- 2 Downloads
A digital method is proposed for determining the initial phase of a harmonic signal at a sampling frequency less than the Nyquist frequency. The method includes sampling and quantizing the original signal using two analog-to-digital converters. The converters operate at two different frequencies less than the Nyquist frequency. The digital method for determining the initial phase of the harmonic signal is implemented in software in the MATLAB environment and in hardware on the Xilinx ZYNQ-7000 SoC platform. This method allows one to determine the initial phase of the harmonic signal from samples made at a frequency less than ten times the Nyquist frequency.
Keywordsharmonic signal phase determination method Nyquist frequency phase direction finding Translated from Izmeritel’naya Tekhnika, No. 7, pp. 54–57, July, 2019.
- 1.Yu. G. Sosulin, Theoretical Foundations of Radar and Radio Navigation: Textbook, Radio i Svyaz, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. V. Kol’tsov, “Industrial super-high-speed signal converters: ADC and DAC,” Usp. Sovrem. Radioelectr., No. 1, 64–77 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.R. I. Kolotushkin, Patent 2463701 RF, “Digital method and device for determining the instantaneous phase of the adopted implementation of a harmonic or quasi-harmonic signal,” Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 28 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.B. N. Vol’fovskii, Patent 2486529 RF, “Method of joint measurement of frequency, amplitude, phase and initial phase,” Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 18 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.A. B. Sergienko, Digital Signal Processing: Textbook, Piter, St. Petersburg (2006), 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Voronov, “Measurement of the phase difference of signals,” Gorizon. Obr., No 9 (2007), http://edu.secna.ru/publication/5/release/28, acc. March 15, 2019.
- 7.V. S. Tutygin, Patent 2654945 RF, "Digital method for determining the phase of a harmonic signal," Izobret. Polezn. Modeli, No. 15 (2018).Google Scholar
- 8.V. S. Tutygin, “Determination of the phase of a harmonic signal at a sampling frequency below the Nyquist frequency,” GNII Natsrazvitie-2017: Conf. Proc., GNII Natsrazvitie, St. Petersburg (2017), pp. 85–88.Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Knorring, Digital Measuring Devices. Theoretical Foundations of Digital Measuring Technology: Textbook, SPbPU, St. Petersburg (2002), http://elib.spbstu.ru/dl/244.pdf, acc. March 15, 2019.