Transmission of Highly Stable Time Signals Over Optical Fiber Communication Lines
- 2 Downloads
We present the results of investigations of an installation aimed at the transmission of highly stable 1 PPS time signals from the hydrogen time and frequency standard over a 150 km optical fiber communication line with the use of active electronic compensation of time delays. The error (mean-square deviation) of transmission of time signals does not exceed 80 psec on the daily interval of averaging. The installation enables us to guarantee the synchronization of the time scales of remote time and frequency standards included in the primary and secondary standards of time and frequency units.
Keywordstime and frequency standard transmission optical fiber communication line time delay compensation synchronization
- 1.V. V. Grigor’ev, V. E. Kravtsov, A. K. Mityurev, et al., “Transmission of highly stable frequency signals over an optical fiber communication line by a distance of 150 km,” Izmer. Tekhn., No. 7, 37–40 (2018).Google Scholar
- 2.B. Wang, C. Gao, W. L. Chen, et al., “Precise and continuous time and frequency synchronization at the 5·10–19 accuracy level,” Sci. Rep., No. 2, 556–560 (2012), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/srep00556.
- 3.P. Krehlik, L. Sliwczynski, L. Buczek, and M. Lipinski, “Fiber-optic joint time and frequency transfer with active stabilization of propagation delay,” IEEE Trans. Meas., 61, No. 10, 2845–2851 (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Kihara and A. Imaoka, “SDH-based time and frequency transfer system,” in: Proc. 9th EFTF, Besancon, France (1995), pp. 317–322.Google Scholar
- 6.S. C. Ebenhang, K. Jaldenhag, P. Jarlemark, et al., “Time transfer using an asynchronous computer network: results from a 500 km baseline experiment,” in: Proc. 39th Ann. Precise Time and Time Interval (PTTI) Meeting, Long Beach, Ca., USA (2007), pp. 477–488.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Smotlacha, A. Kuna, and W. Mache, “Heat transfer in optical network,” in: Proc. 42nd Ann. Precise Time and Time Interval (PTTI) Meeting, Reston, Vi., USA (2010), pp. 427–436.Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Ivanov, N. V. Mokhovikov, S. N. Kagan, et al., “Collating of territorially distant time and frequency standards with application of optical fiber communication lines,” Trudy IPA RAN, Iss. 23, 131–135 (2012).Google Scholar