Software-Hardware Systems for Measurement of Sample Displacements in Probe Microscopes
Features of the measurement of displacements of a sample by the positioning system of a probe microscope for studies of segments of the surface exceeding the field of view of the microscope are examined. The need to match the positioning step size and the field of view of the microscope is demonstrated. The use of an accelerometer and of a method for statistical differentiation of overlapping images for measuring the displacement of a sample is described. It is shown that the reliability can be increased by combining the results of measurements obtained by these two methods.
Keywordsscanning probe microscope microscopic displacement measurements positioning system piezoelectric drive accelerometer
- 1.Hongzhuang Zhang, Ping Zeng, Shunming Hua, et al., “Impact drive rotary precision actuator with piezoelectric bimorphs,” Front. Mech. Eng. China, No. 3(1), 71–75 (2005), DOI: 10.1007/s11465-008-0008-3.Google Scholar
- 2.D. W. Pohl, “Sawtooth Nanometer Slider: A versatile low voltage piezoelectric translation device,” Surf. Sci. (spec. iss.), 181, No. 1/2, 174–175 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Lipanov, P. V. Gulyaev, E. Yu. Shelkovnikov, and A. V. Tyurikov, “Inertial piezoelectric drive with a magnetoinductive velocity sensor,” Datch. Sistemy, No. 5 (156), 52–54 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.P. V. Gulyaev, E. Yu. Shelkovnikov, A. V. Tyurikov, and A. I. Kirillov, “Multi-pass technique for determining the mutual displacement of overlapping images of nanoparticles,” Khim. Fiz. Mezoskop., 17, No. 4, 651–656 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.N. V. Zavalishin and I. B. Muchnik, Models of Visual Perception and Algorithms for Image Processing, Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.F. Mokhtarian, S. Abbasi, and J. Kittler, “Efficient and robust retrieval by shape content through curvature scale space,” in: Int. Workshop on Image Data Bases and Multimedia Search (1998), pp. 35–42, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/9789812797988_0005.
- 7.N. V. Belous and G. A. Kobzar’, “A method for rapid construction of scaled-spatial representations of curvature for form recognition in limited times,” Isk. Intellekt, No. 3, 357–366 (2009).Google Scholar