Measurements of the Electrical Characteristics of Bipolar and MOS Transistors Under the Effect of Radiation
- 64 Downloads
The specific nature of the process of measuring the electrical characteristics of bipolar and metal-oxidesemiconductor (MOS) transistors subjected to the action of neutron, electron, and gamma irradiation is considered. An automated measurement system is developed. Examples illustrating the use of the system for investigations of the radiation hardness of transistors are presented and the parameters of SPICE models for use in circuit design are determined.
Keywordsbipolar transistors MOS transistors radiation hardness SPICE models
The present article was prepared in the course of Study No. 15-01-0165 as part of the Program on Scientific Foundation of the National Research University Higher School of Economics in 2015; the study was supported by the Russian Foundation of Basic Research (Grant No. 14-29-09145).
- 1.GOST 20398.7–74, Field-Effect Transistors. Methods for Measurement of the Electrical Parameters.Google Scholar
- 2.GOST 18604.24–81, High-Frequency Bipolar Transistors. Methods for Measurement of the Output Power, Power Gain, and Efficiency of a Collector.Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Afonskii and V. P. D’yakonov, Electronic Measurements in Nanotechnologies and Microelectronics, DMK Press, Moscow (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Denisenko, Compact Models of MOS Transistors for SPICE in Microelectronics and Nanoelectronics, Fizmatgiz, Moscow (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.K. O. Petrosyants and I. A. Kharitonov, “Models of metal-oxide-semiconductor and bipolar transistors for circuitry calculations of large integrated circuits in light of radiation effects,” Mikroelectronika, 23, Iss. 1, 21–32 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.K. O. Petrosyants, I. A. Kharitonov, L. Sambursky, et al., “Simulation of total dose influence on analog-digital SOI/SOS CMOS circuits with EKV-RAD macromodel,” Proc. IEEE EWDTS Symp. (2012), pp. 60–65.Google Scholar
- 7.D. V. Bobrovskii, G. G. Davydov, A. G. Petrov, et al., “Implementation of base methods of radiative tests of EKB on the basis of a hardware-software complex of National Instruments equipment,” Izv. Vuzov. Elektronika, No. 5 (97), 91–104 (2012).Google Scholar
- 8.K. O. Petrosyants, N. B. Gomanilova, I. A. Kharitonov, et al., “Design of radiation-hard precision amplifier on the basis of SOI CMOS technology,” in: Electronics, Microelectronics, Nanoelectronics: Sci. Studies, V. Ya. Stenin (ed.), MIFI, Moscow (2013), pp. 296–302.Google Scholar
- 9.K. O. Petrosyants, I. A. Kharitonov, and L. M. Sambursky, “Hardware-software subsystem for MOSFETs. Characteristic measurement and parameter extraction with account for radiation effects,” Adv. Mater. Res., 718–720, 750–755 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.N. N. Prokopenko, A. S. Budyakov, and Ye. M. Savchenko, “Operational amplifiers with generalized current feedback,” in: Problems of Development of Promising Micro- and Nano-Electronic Systems. 2008: Coll. Sci. Studies, A. L. Stempkovskii (ed.), IPPM RAN, Moscow (2008), pp. 330–333.Google Scholar
- 13.IC-CAP 2006, Agilent 85190A: User’s Guide, http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/iccap2008/pdf/icug/pdf, acces. Sept. 20, 2015.
- 14.X110 Datasheet, www.xfab.com/fileadmin/X-FAB/Download_Center/Technology/SOI/XI10_Info_sheet.pdf, acces. Sept. 1, 2015.
- 15.K. O. Petrosyants, E. N. Vologdin, D. S. Smirnov, et al., “Si BJT and SiGe HBT performance modeling after neutron radiation exposure,” Proc. IEEE EWDTS Symp. (2011), pp. 267–270.Google Scholar
- 16.K. O. Petrosyants, I. A. Kharitonov, L. M. Samburskii, and A. S. Makeev, “Determination of the parameters of SPICE and IBIS models of EKB to take into account the effects of radiation action on the basis of results of a measurement of their characteristics,” Resistance 2015: Sci. Techn. Coll. of NIIP (2015), pp. 109–110.Google Scholar
- 17.K. O. Petrosyants, I. A. Kharitonov, L. M. Samburskii, et al., “A study of the characteristics of the circuitry of analog SIO CMOS circuits manufactured according to the XFAB technology based on the total absorbed dose,” Electronics, Microelectronics, and Nanoelectronics: Coll. Sci. Studies, V. Ya. Stenin (ed.), MIFI, Moscow (2009), pp. 57–66.Google Scholar