Modeling the Operation of a Sensor Unit in a Monitoring Device for the Parameters of Cosmic Ray Fluxes
- 57 Downloads
A mathematical model is developed for a multichannel sensor unit based on diamond detectors in a device for monitoring the parameters of cosmic ray fluxes. The output signals from these sensors are modelled as they detect ionizing radiation from outer space in different spacecraft orbits with various levels of solar activity.
Keywordsdiamond detectors cosmic rays electrons protons ions modelling
- 3.R. Wang, M. Hoeferkamp, and S. Seidel, “Effect of temperature and charged particle fl uence on the resistivity of polycrystalline CVD diamond sensors,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A, 735, 610–614 (2014), DOI: 10.1016/j.nima.2013.10.007.
- 4.M. Bruzzi, “Applications of diamond devices in large area conformal radiotherapy and space experiments,” 1-Workshop ADAMAS, GSI, Darmstadt (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Altukhov, A. O. Gerasimov, S. A. L’vov, et al., “System for radiation monitoring based on diamond detectors of ionizing radiation,” Prib. Sist. Upravl., Kontrol, Diagn., No. 12, 41–44 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Altukhov, V. S. Anashin, K. N. Zyablyuk, et al., “Experimental studies of diamond detectors in a heavy ion cyclotron beam,” Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. Ser. Fiz. Rad. Vozd. Radioelektr. Appar., No. 1, 56–58 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Kadilin, V. A. Kolyubin, S. A. L’vov, et al., “Prospects for the use of diamond detectors for detecting charged particles in cosmic rays,” Yad. Fiz. Inzhin., 5, No. 2, 138 (2014).Google Scholar
- 8.K. V. Zakharchenko, A. F. Kaperko, V. A. Kolyubin, et al., “Spectrometric diamond detector for ionizing radiation fluxes in transport spacecraft,” Izmer. Tekhn., No. 6, 63–67 (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.Geant 4: A Toolkit for the Simulation of the Passage of Particles Through Matter, http://geant4.web.cern.ch/geant4/,acces. May 20, 2015.
- 11.NIST, Stopping-Power and Range Tables for Electrons, Protons, and Helium Ions, www.nist.gov/pml/data/star/index.cfm, acces. May 20, 2015.
- 13.N. Carron, An Introduction to the Passage of Energetic Particles through Matter, CRC-Press, Taylor and Francis Group (2007).Google Scholar
- 14.OST 134-1044–2007, Apparatus, Instruments, Devices, and Equipment for Spacecraft. Methods of Calculating Radiation Conditions on Board Spacecraft and Setting Specifications for the Resistance of Electronic Equipment in Spacecraft to Charged Particles of Natural Origin in Outer Space. Google Scholar
- 15.S. I. Anevskii, Yu. M. Zolotarevskii, V. N. Krutikov, et al., “Development of methods for reproduction and transfer of the units of spectrometry using synchrotron radiation,” Izmer. Tekhn., No. 3, 31–34 (2015).Google Scholar