KeywordsHorizontal Gene Transfer Genetic Code Living Thing Science Writer Personal Sense
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Federoff, N. V. and N. M. Brown. Mendel in the Kitchen: A Scientist’s View of Genetically Modified Foods (Washington, DC: Joseph Henry Press, 2004).Google Scholar
- Hotopp, J. C., M. E. Clark, D. C. Oliveira, J. M. Foster, P. Fischer, M. C. Torres, J. D. Giebel, N. Kumar, N. Ishmael, S. Wang, J. Ingram, R. V. Nene, J. Shepard, J. Tomkins, S. Richards, D. J. Spiro, E. Ghedin, B. E. Slatko, H. Tettelin and J. H. Werren, “Widespread Lateral Gene Transfer from Intracellular Bacteria to Multicellular Eukaryotes”, Science 317 (2007), pp. 1753–1756.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Jarvis, K. G., J. A. Giron, A. E. Jerse, T. K. McDaniel, M. S. Donnenberg and J. B. Kaper, “Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli Contains a Putative Type III Secretion System Necessary for the Export of Proteins Involved in Attaching and Effacing Lesion Formation”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 92 (1995), pp. 7996–8000.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Oyama, S, P. E. Griffiths and R. D. Gray. Cycles of Contingency: Developmental Systems and Evolution (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2001).Google Scholar
- Turnbaugh, P. J., M. Hamady, T. Yatsunenko, B. L. Cantarel, A. Duncan, R. E. Ley, M. L. Sogin, W. J. Jones, B. A. Roe, J. P. Affourtit, M. Egholm, B. Henrissat, A. C. Heath, R. Knight and J. I. Gordon. “A Core Gut Microbiome in Obese and Lean Twins”, Nature 457 (2008), pp. 480–484.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Welch, R. A., V. Burland, G. Plunkett, III, P. Redford, P. Roesch, D. Rasko, E. L. Buckles, S. R. Liou, A. Boutin, J. Hackett, D. Stroud, G. F. Mayhew, D. J. Rose, S. Zhou, D. C. Schwartz, N. T. Perna, H. L. Mobley, M. S. Donnenberg and F. R. Blattner. “Extensive Mosaic Structure Revealed by the Complete Genome Sequence of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 99 (2002), pp. 17020–17024.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Yarus, M., J. G. Caporaso and R. Knight. “Origins of the Genetic Code: The Escaped Triplet Theory”, Annual Review of Biochemistry 74 (2005), pp. 179–198.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009