Some applications of S-restricted set partitions
- 9 Downloads
In the paper, the authors present several new relations and applications for the combinatorial sequence that counts the possible partitions of a finite set with the restriction that the size of each block is contained in a given set. One of the main applications is in the study of lonesum matrices.
KeywordsCombinatorial identities Generating functions S-restricted Stirling numbers Lonesum matrices Poly-Bernoulli numbers
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary 11B83 Secondary 11B73 05A19 05A15
The authors would like to thank the anonymous referee for some useful comments. The research of José L. Ramírez was partially supported by Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Project No. 37805.
- 1.P. Barry, On a family of generalized Pascal triangles defined by exponential Riordan arrays, J. Integer Seq. 10, article 07.3.5, 1–21 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.H. Belbachir and I. E. Bousbaa, Associated Lah numbers and \(r\)-Stirling numbers, 1–23 (2014), arXiv:1404.5573v2
- 3.B. Bényi, Advances in Bijective Combinatorics, Ph.D thesis (2014). http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/phd/dreposit/phdtheses/ benyi-beata-d.pdf
- 6.B. Bényi, Restricted lonesum matrices, 1–12 (2017), arXiv:1711.10178v2
- 16.J. Engbers, D. Galvin, and C. Smyth, Restricted Stirling and Lah numbers and their inverses. J. Combin. Theory Ser. A. 161, 271–298 (2016)Google Scholar
- 23.T. Komatsu, J. L. Ramírez, Some determinants involving incomplete Fubini numbers. An. Şt. Univ. Ovidius Constanţa, 1–28 (2018), arXiv:1802.06188 (to appear)
- 28.V. Moll, J. L. Ramírez, D. Villamizar, Combinatorial and arithmetical properties of the restricted and associated Bell and factorial numbers. J. Comb. 1–20 (2017), arXiv:1707.08138 (to appear)
- 29.S. Nkonkobe, V. Murali, On some properties and relations between restricted barred preferential arrangements, multi-poly-Bernoulli numbers and related numbers, 1–12 (2015), arXiv:1509.07352
- 35.N. J. A. Sloane, The on-line encyclopedia of integer sequences. http://oeis.org. Accessed 2018
- 36.T. Wakhare, Refinements of the Bell and Stirling numbers, Trans. Comb. 1–17 (2018), arXiv:1710.02956 (to appear)