Excess molar enthalpies of the ternary mixture n-propanol + n-propyl acetate + water at 313.15 K
- 68 Downloads
Excess molar enthalpies, H m E , for the ternary mixture n-propanol (n-PrOH) + n-propyl acetate (n-PrOAc) + water (H2O) were measured at 313.15 K and standard pressure (101.303 kPa) using the Setaram C80 calorimeter. The experimental results on the ternary system were fitted with the Redlich–Kister equation and NRTL model. The comparison of calculation results based on the set of parameters obtained from the data for only binary systems and on the set of parameters derived using both binary and ternary data was performed.
KeywordsExcess molar enthalpies n-Propanol n-Propyl acetate Water
The purity investigation of the samples was performed at the Center for Chemical Analysis and Materials Research of Research Park of Saint Petersburg State University. The calorimetric investigations were carried out using the equipment of the Center of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry of Saint Petersburg State University. Authors are grateful to Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Grant 15-03-02131).
- 7.Kocherbitov VV, Toikka AM. Liquid–vapor equilibrium in the acetic acid–n-propyl alcohol–water system at 313.15 K. Russ J Appl Chem. 1997;70(11):1691–5.Google Scholar
- 8.Kocherbitov VV, Toikka AM. Liquid–vapor and liquid–liquid phase equilibria in the system acetic acid–n-propanol–water–n-propyl acetate at 313.15 K. Russ J Appl Chem. 1999;72(10):1706–8.Google Scholar
- 10.Belousov VP, Morachevskiy AG. Heats of mixing of liquids. Leningrad: Khimia; 1970 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.Belousov VP, Morachevskiy AG, Panov MY. Thermal properties of non-electrolyte solutions. Leningrad: Khimia; 1981 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 12.Christensen JJ, Hanks RW, Izatt RM. Handbook of heats of mixing. New York: Wiley; 1982.Google Scholar
- 16.Belousov VP, Morachevskiy AG, Storonkin AV. Heats of mixing liquids. III. Heat of mixing for ternary systems. Experimental study of the heats of mixing in the ternary system n-propyl alcohol-n-propyl acetate-water. Vestn Leningr Univ. 1962;4:96–105 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 18.Byval’tsev YA, Perelygin VM. Heat of mixing of water+propanol and ethanol+water+propanol systems. Izv Vyss Uchebn Zaved Pishch Tekhnol. 1970;5:115–8 (in Russian).Google Scholar