Preparation of PVA nanofibers reinforced with magnetic graphene by electrospinning method and investigation of their degradation kinetics using master plot analyses on solid state
- 234 Downloads
In this study, magnetic graphene nanoparticles have been prepared by Hummers method. The synthesized magnetic graphene nanoparticles were applied in the preparation of polyvinyl alcohol/magnetic graphene (PVA/Fe3O4/G) nanofibers by the electrospinning process. The prepared nanoparticles and nanofibers were characterized using the scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray diffraction and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. SEM measurements showed that addition of magnetic graphene to the solution of PVA decreases the diameter of fibers. The degradation kinetics of nanofibers was studied by thermogravimetric (TG) and differential thermogravimetric. TG results showed that the nanoparticles improve the thermal stability of the nanofibers. The activation energy was calculated by Vyazovkin method. Master plots are employed for the determination of the reaction models for solid-state reactions. The investigations showed that the experimental master curves are in better agreement with the theoretical master curve corresponding to the F1 mechanism.
KeywordsElectrospinning Nanofibers Magnetic graphene Master plots Degradation kinetics
- 2.Barzegar F, Bello A, Fabiane M, Khamlich S, Momodu D, Taghizadeh F, Dangbegnon J, Manyala N. Preparation and characterization of poly (vinylalcohol)/graphene nanofibers synthesized by electrospinning. J Phys Chem. 2015;77:139–45.Google Scholar
- 10.Ramalingam KJ, Dhineshbabu NR, Srither SR, Saravanakumar B, Yuvakkumar R, Rajendran V. Electrical measurement of PVA/graphene nanofibers for transparent electrode applications. J Synth Metals. 2014;191:13–119.Google Scholar
- 14.Reddy DA, Choi J, Lee S, Ma R, Kim TK, Kim YJ, Hong S, Kumar DP, Kim TK. Hierarchical dandelion-flower-like cobalt-phosphide modified CdS/reduced graphene oxide-MoS2 nanocomposites as a noble-metal-free catalyst for efficient hydrogen evolution from water. J Catal Sci Technol. 2016;6:6197–206.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Fu C, Zhao G, Zhang H, Li S. Evaluation and characterization of reduced graphene oxide nanosheets as anode materials for lithium-ion batteries. J Electrochem Sci. 2013;8:6269–80.Google Scholar
- 22.Vargeese AA. Pressure effects on the thermal decomposition reactions: a thermo-kinetic investigation. J Name. 2013;00:1–3.Google Scholar
- 28.Sovizi MR, Fakhrpour G, Madram AR. Thermal degradation kinetic study of a fuel-rich energetic mixture containing epoxy binder. J Phys Chem Res. 2016;4(3):369–78.Google Scholar
- 30.Al-Sammarraie AMA, Raheema MH. Reduced graphene oxide coating for corrosion protection enhancement of carbon steel in sea water. Iraqi J Sci Spec Issue Part B. 2016;243–50.Google Scholar
- 31.Rauf A, Ahmad Shah SS, Khan A, Ahmad Shah SA, Kubra K, Ali A, Thebo KH. Synthesis of magnetic exfoliated graphene via one pot electroless chemical deposition method. Int J Sci Eng Res. 2016;7(3):632–8.Google Scholar
- 32.Nanoinnova Technologies SL. Reduced graphene oxide: characterization sheet. http://www.nanoinnova.com. Accessed 10 April.
- 38.Chowdhury M, Stylios G. Effect of experimental parameters on the morphology of electrospun nylon 6 fibres. J Basic Appl Sci IJBAS-IJENS. 2010;10(06):70–7.Google Scholar
- 41.Barzegar F. Synthesis and characterization of polymer/graphene electrospun nanofibers. 2010;117:2059–68. http://hdl.handle.net/2263/41188. Accessed 19 Dec 2013.