Thermal and kinetic parameters of 30Li2O–55B2O3–5ZnO–xTiO2–(10−x)V2O5 (0 ≤ x ≤ 10) glasses
- 108 Downloads
In the present investigation, the effects of titanium and vanadium concentration on the thermal properties have been studied for 30Li2O–55B2O3–5ZnO–xTiO2–(10−x)V2O5 (0 ≤ x ≤ 10) glasses. To understand the crystallization mechanics, activation energy has been calculated using two different approaches, i.e., Kissinger model and Augis and Bennett model. Using the derivative differential thermal analysis, the inflection point temperature (T f) and crystallization constants k y(T) and k f(T), for different heating rates, have also been obtained for all the glasses. Furthermore, kinetic parameters such as fluctuation free volume (f g) and change in bulk thermal expansion coefficient (α f) have been calculated for all the glass samples. The replacement of V2O5 by TiO2 induces phase separation in glasses.
KeywordsGlasses Activation energy Lasocka parameters Crystallization constants Frequency Derivative differential thermal analysis
Authors are thankful to Dr. G. Kaur and Mr. Gourav Singla for their help to carry out DTA measurement and valuable discussion.
- 1.Arya SK, Kaur B, Kaur G, Singh K, Optical and thermal properties of (70−x)SiO2–xNa2O–CaO–Al2O3–5TiO2(10 ≤ x ≤ 25) glasses. J Therm Anal Calorim doi: 10.1007/s10973-015-2392-8
- 8.Hruby A. Evaluation of glass-forming tendency by means of DTA Czech. J Phys B. 1972;22:1187–93.Google Scholar
- 18.Bainova AB, Sanditov DS. Dependence of the fluctuation free volume of amorphous substances on the cooling rate. J Phys Chem. 2002;28(3):189–90.Google Scholar
- 22.Frenkel YI. Kinetic theory of liquids. Moscow: Nauka; 1975.Google Scholar
- 23.Raghvan V. Materials science and engineering. 5th ed. 2008.Google Scholar