Thermal study and mechanism of Ag2S oxidation in air
- 423 Downloads
The results of thermal study and mechanism of the oxidation process of synthetic Ag2S in air are presented in this article based on the comparative analysis of DTA and XRD results, as well as by constructed phase stability diagrams (PSD) for the Ag–S–O system.
KeywordsAg2S Thermal analysis Reaction mechanism Phase stability diagrams
The authors of this study acknowledge the financial support of Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Serbia under the projects OI172037 and TR34023.
- 1.Greenwook NN, Earnshow A. Chemistry of the elements. 2nd ed. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann; 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.Kong DS, Tian JH, Liu B, Liu HL, Chen ZB, Mao BW, Tian ZQ. A preliminary study on fabrication and electronic measurements of a Ag2S nanoelectrochemical switch. Gaodeng Xuexiao Huaxue Xuebao/Chem J Chinese U. 2007;28:149–52.Google Scholar
- 9.Sharma RC, Chang YA. In: T Massalski (ed) Binary alloy phase diagrams, vol I., Am Soc Met, Metals Park (1986)Google Scholar
- 12.Potashnikov YM, Chursanov YV, Gortsevich SL. The kinetics of solution of silver sulfide in the presence of dissimilar ligands. Russ J Phys Chem A. 2000;74:1438–41.Google Scholar
- 15.Sokić M, Ilić I, Živković D, Vučković N. Investigation of mechanism and kinetics of chalcopyrite concentrate oxidation process. Metalurgija. 2008;47:109–13.Google Scholar