Fly ash as the potential raw mixture component for Portland cement clinker synthesis
- 161 Downloads
This paper presents the results of investigation of properties of fly ash from four major thermal power plants in Serbia. Chemical, mineralogical and thermal characterization of fly ash has been performed in order to determine the possibility of its use as the raw material for the construction material industry, primarily the cement industry. Thermal properties of the raw mixtures for Portland cement clinker production based on fly ash were also investigated. The conclusion was reached that the use of fly ash as a component of the raw mixture components for the production of cement clinker not only enables substitution of natural raw materials, but could also have a positive influence on reduction of the sintering temperature of Portland cement clinker.
Keywordscharacterization fly ash thermal properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ECOBA - European Coal Combustion Products Association, www.ecoba.com.Google Scholar
- 2.Public Enterprise ‘Electric power industry of Serbia’, www.eps.co.yu.Google Scholar
- 15.M. Aineto, A. Acosta, J. Ma. Rincon and M. Romero, Production of Lightweight Aggregates from Coal Gasification Fly Ash and Slag, 2005 International Ash Utilization Symposium, Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky, http://www.flyash.info.
- 23.J. I. Bhatty, J. Gajda and F. M. Miller, Commercial Demonstration of High-Carbon Fly Ash Technology in Cement Manufacturing, 2003 International Ash Utilization Symposium, Center for Applied Energy Research, University of Kentucky, http://www.flyash.info.
- 24.M. K. Mukherjee, S. B. Hegde and R. A. Somani, Zement Kalk Gips, 55 (2002) 76.Google Scholar
- 25.H. F. W. Taylor, Cement Chemistry, Academic Press Ltd., London 1992, pp. 60–94.Google Scholar