Thermal decomposition kinetics of some aromatic azomonoethers
Part II. Non-isothermal study of three liquid crystals in dynamic air atmosphere
- 93 Downloads
Thermal analysis of three azomonoether dyes, exhibiting liquid-crystalline properties, was performed in dynamic air atmosphere. Thermal stability studies and the evaluation of the kinetic parameters of each physical or chemical transformations are essential for a full characterization, before attempting accurate thin films’ depositions of such materials used in non-linear optical applications. New synthesized dyes with general formula: where R is a nematogenic group: CN, CF3 or a highly polarizable group: NO2 were investigated using TG, DTG, DTA and DSC techniques, under non-isothermal regime. The evolved gases were analyzed by FTIR spectroscopy. The activation energies of the first decomposition step were evaluated for each compound, the obtained results revealing complex mechanisms.
Keywordsdyes isoconversional methods liquid crystals non-isothermal kinetics thermal analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Radu, C. Sarpe-Tudoran, A. Jianu and G. Rau, Rev. Roum. Chim., 43 (1998) 735.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Rotaru, B. Jurca, A. Moanţa, I. Sălăgeanu and E. Segal, Rev. Roum. Chim., 51 (2006) 373.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Rotaru, C. Constantinescu, P. Rotaru, A. Moanţă, M. Dumitru, M. Socaciu, M. Dinescu and E. Segal, J. Therm. Anal. Cal., DOI: 10.1007/s10973-007-8818-9.Google Scholar
- 22.J. H. Flynn and L.A. Wall, J. Res. Natl. Bur. Stand., J. Phys. Chem., 70 (1966) 487.Google Scholar
- 25.T. Akahira and T. Sunose, Res. Report Chiba Inst. Technol., 16 (1971) 22.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC. 2008