Halloysite nanotubes/polystyrene (HNTs/PS) nanocomposites via in situ bulk polymerization
Serials of halloysite nanotubes/polystyrene (HNTs/PS) nanocomposites with different contents of organo-modified halloysite nanotubes (organo-HNTs) were successfully prepared by the in situ bulk polymerization of styrene with the organo-HNTs as macromonomers. The percentage of grafting (PG%) of more than 230% was achieved, calculated from the results of the thermogravimetric analysis (TG). The TG results also showed that the thermal stabilities of the HNTs/PS nanocomposites prepared via the bulk polymerization were better than the pure polystyrene. And the maximum thermal degradation temperature of the nanocomposites increased with the increasing of the amount of the HNTs fillers added.
Keywordsbulk polymerization halloysite nanotubes nanocomposites polystyrene thermal stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.G. Rupali and D. Amitabha, Chem. Mater., 13 (2000) 608.Google Scholar
- 5.B. M. Alexander, Polym. Adv. Technol., 17 (2007) 206.Google Scholar
- 15.L. Schadler, Mater Mater., 6 (2007) 257.Google Scholar
- 17.P. Liu, E-Polymers, (2006) No. 070.Google Scholar
- 18.P. Liu, Polymeric Nanostructures and their Applications, Ed. by H. S. Nalwa, Volume 2, Chapter 13, American Scientific Publishers, CA, 2007.Google Scholar
- 20.H. Noro, Miner., 21 (1986) 401.Google Scholar