Surface Laser Sintering of exothermic powder compositions
- 142 Downloads
This work reports the temperature behavior associated with formation of new metal-polymer, intermetallic, and ceramic materials by Selective Laser Sintering. Here, experimental data produced from temperature measurements for inert as well as reaction powder compositions and the combustion wave front is reported. Analysis using an analog-digital-analog computer converter allowed some control of laser movement and hence some control of the exothermal reaction — in so doing it provided near optimum conditions for forming layered 3D articles.
KeywordsEDX exothermic powder compositions microstructure selective laser sintering self-propagating high-temperature synthesis SEM thermocouple measurements
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.D. M. Gureev, A. L. Petrov and I. V. Shishkovsky, The 6th International Conference on Industrial Lasers and Laser Applications’ 98, Vladislav Y. Panchenko; Vladimir S. Golubev; Eds, Proc. SPIE, 3688 (1999) 237.Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Kamashev, A. C. Panin, A. L. Petrov and I. V. Shishkovsky, Lett. J. Techn. Phys. (JTP), 27 (2001) 28. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Shishkovsky, Yu. G. Morozov, A. C. Panin, S. E. Zakiev and M. V. Kuznetsov, Materiavolovedenie (Mater. Sci.), 3 (2003) 45. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.E. Y. Tarasova, G. V. Kryukova, A. L. Petrov and I. V. Shishkovsky, Laser Applications in Microelectronic and Optoelectronic Manufacturing V, Henry Helvajian; Koji Sugioka; Malcolm C. Gower; Jan J. Dubowski; Eds., Proc. SPIE, 3933 (2000) 502.Google Scholar
- 10.I. V. Shishkovsky, A. L. Petrov and V. I. Scherbakov, Phys. Chem. Mater. Treatment, 3 (2001) 45. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 12.I. V. Shishkovsky and Yu. G. Morozov, Proc. Samara Scientific Center of RAS, 6 (2004) 81. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.V. V. Bagrov, N. A. Klimov, S. V. Nefedov, A. L. Petrov, V. I. Scherbakov and I. V. Shishkovsky, Proc. Samara Scientific Center of RAS, 5 (2003) 55. (in Russian)Google Scholar