Thermal behaviour of corn starch granules under action of fungal α-amylase
- 157 Downloads
Corn starch, partially hydrolyzed by fungal α-amylase was investigated by using thermal analysis, microscopy and X-ray diffraction. After enzymatic treatment lower degradation onset temperatures were observed. DSC analysis showed almost similar range of gelatinization temperature, however, the enthalpies of gelatinization increased for the partially hydrolyzed starch granules. According to the X-ray diffraction analysis, stronger cereal pattern peaks were recognized after enzymatic digestion. The results suggested that the hydrolysis was more pronounced in the amorphous part of the starch granules.
Keywordsenzyme hydrolysis starch thermal analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. P. Cereda and O. Vilpoux, Tecnologia, Usos e Potencialidades de Tuberosas Amiláceas Latino Americanas, Fundação Cargill, São Paulo 2003, p. 711.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Jobling, Plant Biotech., 7 (2004) 210.Google Scholar
- 8.W. J. Sichina, Use of DSC for the Characterization of Starches, PerkinElmer Instruments, 2000.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Ionashiro, ’Giolito’ Fundamentos de Termogravimetria e Análise Térmica Diferencial/Calorimetria Exploratória Diferencial, Giz, São Paulo 2005.Google Scholar
- 22.C. M. L. Franco and C. F. Ciacco, Ciência e Tecnol. de Alim., 15 (1995) 112.Google Scholar
- 23.C. G. Biliaderis, Food Tech., 46 (1992) 98.Google Scholar