Thermal and kinetic evaluation of cotton oil biodiesel
- 175 Downloads
The biodiesel obtained by transesterification by reaction between ester and an alcohol in the presence of catalyst. The purpose of this work is to evaluate the thermal and kinetic behavior of the methanol biodiesel derived from cotton oil. The quality analysis was done by gas chromatography and proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometry (1H NMR) in order to examine if the product meets with the requirements of the European Standard EN 1403. The thermogravimetric profile of the cotton biodiesel indicated that the decomposition steps are associated to the volatilization and/or decomposition of the methyl esters. Kinetic data was also obtained by thermal analysis.
Keywordsbiodiesel cotton oil kinetics methanol route
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. M. Conceiçăo, R. A. Candeia, F. C. Silva, A. F. Bezerra, V. J. Fernandes Jr. and A. G. Souza, Ren. Sustain. Energ. Rev., In press.Google Scholar
- 4.L. P. Ramos, Quim. Nova, 23 (2000) 120.Google Scholar
- 5.E. J. S. Parente, Biodiesel: Uma aventura tecnológica num país engraçado. Fortaleza, Ceará: Tecbio, 2003.Google Scholar
- 6.C. H. Collins, Introduçăo a métodos cromatográficos, Editora da Unicamp, Campinas, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.R. M. Silverstain, Identificaçăo espectrométrica de compostos orgânicos, LTC Editora, Rio de Janeiro, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.CyberlipidCenter, site, accessed at July 12, 2006.Google Scholar
- 16.W. C. Van Krevelen, Van Herden and Hutjens, Fuel, 30 (1951) 253.Google Scholar