Synthesis and characterization of Pb1–xLaxTiO3 nanocrystalline powders
- First Online:
- 53 Downloads
Pb1–xLaxTiO3 (PLT) nanocrystalline powders were obtained by polymeric precursor method. The samples were analyzed by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and thermogravimetry (TG) techniques to characterize properly the distinct thermal events occurring during synthesis. The X-ray diffraction patterns show a tetragonal structure for the samples with x=0.10 and 0.15. An increase of the lanthanum concentration to x=0.20 led to a highly symmetric structure, cubic on average. The powders obtained at the end of the synthesis had an average particle size of 30 to 70 nm.
Keywordsnanocrystalline powders Pb1–xLaxTiO3 polymeric precursors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Arora, AK, Tandon, RP, Mansingh, P 1992Ferroelectrics1329Google Scholar
- 4.Sternberg, A 1992Ferroelectrics13429Google Scholar
- 7.Berger, S 2005Transac. Indian Inst. Metals581141Google Scholar
- 8.M. P. Pechini, U.S. Patent 3 330 697 (1967).Google Scholar
- 10.O. Yamaguchi, A. Narai, T. Komatsu and K. Shimizu, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 69, C256 (1986) – JCDPS: 40-0099.Google Scholar
- 11.Natl. Bur. Stand (US), Circ. 539, 5, 39 (1955) – JCPDS: 06-0452.Google Scholar