Solvothermal synthesis of indium-doped zinc oxide TCO films
- 170 Downloads
This paper outlines the preparation of indium-doped zinc oxide films via solvothermal synthesis of nanoparticles, followed by spin coating of the transparent conductive oxide (TCO) layer. The effect of stabilizer type and its concentration on the suspension stability was studied. The influence of the In/Zn molar ratio (in the 0–0.06 range) on the lattice parameters and the cell volume was determined by XRD analysis. A linear change in these parameters was found, indicating a uniform integration of the indium into the ZnO crystal. Thermal analysis using TGA/DTA pointed to the optimal thermal treatment of the TCO layers at 500 °C. In addition, the effect of the molar ratio on the optical and electrical properties was studied. A minimal sheet resistance of <46 ohm/square and optical transparency of >85 % at In/Zn = 0.04 were achieved. The above findings indicate that the solvothermal route can be very effective in the synthesis of state-of-the-art TCO coatings.
KeywordsTransparent conductive oxide Indium-doped zinc oxide Solvothermal synthesis Nanoparticles Thin films
The authors acknowledge the generous support of the Nancy and Stephen Grand Technion Energy Program (GTEP), the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Russel Berrie Nanotechnology Institute (RBNI). GES acknowledges the Committee for Planning and Budgeting of the Council for Higher Education under the framework of the KAMEA program. GSG also acknowledges support from the Gruenbaum chair in Materials Engineering.
- 2.Ehrlich DJ, Tsao JY (eds) (1989) Laser microfabrication: thin film processes and lithography. Academic Press Inc, San DiegoGoogle Scholar
- 3.Middleman S, Hochberg AK (1993) Process engineering analysis in semiconductor device fabrication. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 14.Shannon RD (1976) Acta Crystallogr Sect A Found Crystallogr 32:751–767Google Scholar
- 15.Feng ZC (2012) Handbook of zinc oxide and related materials: vol. 1, materials. CRC Press, Boca RatonGoogle Scholar
- 16.Shinde SS, Shinde PS, Bhosale CH, Rajpure KY (2008) J Phys D Appl Phys 41:105–109 (6pp) Google Scholar