Chemical and Physical Analysis of Acetate-Oxide Sol-Gel Processing Routes for the Y-Ba-Cu-O System
- 142 Downloads
The formation of three sols by fluorine-free aqueous and non-aqueous processes were analyzed and modified to vary the chemical properties of the sols (inks) to suit a variety of deposition processes such as dip-coating and ink-jet coating/printing. Ink-jet printing requires high wetting angles; choosing the right complexing agents to modify the ink allows the formation of droplets with high wetting angles on the surface. Dip-coating and ink-jet coating require low wetting angles; additives added to the sols reduce wetting angles to 10∘ and allow complete coverage of the substrate surface. The deposition theories and requirements are briefly discussed, as are some initial tests with the printing and converting of the developed superconducting inks.
KeywordsYBCO Sol-Gel Synthesis Non-fluorine Superconductor Ink-Jet Printing Ink-Jet Ink-Jet Coating Ceramic Coatings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.L. MacManus-Driscoll, in Handbook of Superconducting Materials, edited by D.A. Cardwell and D.S. Ginley, Institute of Physics, 2002, p. 565.Google Scholar
- 2.I. Van Driessche, et al., in Euro Ceramics Vii, Pt 1–3, (2002), p. 479–482.Google Scholar
- 3.I.H. Mutlu, E. Celik, and Y.S. Hascicek, Physica C-Superconductivity and Its Applications, 370(2), 113 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.B.A. Glowacki and T. Mouganie, in European Conference on Applied Superconductivity (Sorrento, Italy: Institute of Physics, 2003).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Klein, Sol-Gel Technology for Thin Films, Fibers, Preforms, Electronics, and Speciality shapes (Noyes Publications, 1988).Google Scholar
- 6.L.E. Murr, American Society for Testing and Materials 82 (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.A.W. Adamson, Physical Chemistry of Surfaces. 3rd ed. (Wiley and Sons, 1967)Google Scholar
- 12.F.A. Cotton et al., Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, (New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc, 1998).Google Scholar
- 15.T. Mouganie et al. in European Conference on Applied Superconductivity, Sorrento, Italy: Institute of Physics, 2003.Google Scholar
- 17.N.A. Rutter, B.A. Glowacki, and J.E. Evetts, Superconducting Science and Technology 13(L25), (2000).Google Scholar