Efficient photocatalytic removal of U(VI) over π-electron-incorporated g-C3N4 under visible light irradiation
- 32 Downloads
A series of π-electrons incorporated graphitic carbon nitride (g-C3N4) photocatalysts were prepared using a facile copolymerization strategy, allowing aromatic rings to be grafted into the (g-C3N4) network. The photocatalyst activity of aromatic rings grafted samples in the photoreduction elimination reaction of U(VI) was significantly enhanced, which was more efficient than that achieved by pristine g-C3N4. In addition, the anthracene-grafted g-C3N4 showed excellent U(VI) removal properties, 99% of U(VI) was eliminated within 30 min of visible light irradiation, and the samples still showed the high photoreduction activity after 3 reaction cycles. On the basis of the experimental and characterization analysis, the enhanced photoreduction activity could be attributed to accelerating the electron transportation of π-electrons incorporated.
Keywordsπ-Electrons incorporate Carbon nitride Photocatalytic Uranium
We thank the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 11765002, 21966003), the National Natural Science Foundation of Jiangxi (No. 20181BAB203019), and the graduate innovation project fund of East China University of Technology (DHYC-201912) for the financial support. We also appreciate the instrumentation for the experimental testing provided by other research groups in East China University of Technology.
- 4.Abdi MR, Shakur HR, Rezaee Ebrahim Saraee K, Sadeghi M (2014) Effective removal of uranium ions from drinking water using CuO/X zeolite based nanocomposites: effects of nano concentration and cation exchange. J Radioanal Nucl Chem 300(3):1217–1225. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10967-014-3092-3 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lu C, Zhang P, Jiang S, Wu X, Song S, Zhu M, Lou Z, Li Z, Liu F, Liu Y, Wang Y, Le Z (2017) Photocatalytic reduction elimination of UO2 2+ pollutant under visible light with metal-free sulfur doped g-C3N4 photocatalyst. Appl Catal B-Environ 200:378–385. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.201607036 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Jiang X-H, Xing Q-J, Luo X-B, Li F, Zou J-P, Liu S-S, Li X, Wang X-K (2018) Simultaneous photoreduction of uranium(VI) and photooxidation of arsenic(III) in aqueous solution over g-C3N4/TiO2 heterostructured catalysts under simulated sunlight irradiation. Appl Catal B-Environ 228:29–38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.201801062 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Bai J, Yin C, Xu H, Chen G, Ni Z, Wang Z, Li Y, Kang S, Zheng Z, Li X (2018) Facile urea-assisted precursor pre-treatment to fabricate porous g-C3N4 nanosheets for remarkably enhanced visible-light-driven hydrogen evolution. J Collod Interf Sci 532:280–286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2018.07108 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Chen Z, Sun P, Fan B, Liu Q, Zhang Z, Fang X (2015) Textural and electronic structure engineering of carbon nitride via doping with π-deficient aromatic pyridine ring for improving photocatalytic activity. Appl Catal B-Environ 170–171:10–16. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.201501024 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Chen F, Yang Q, Wang Y, Zhao J, Wang D, Li X, Guo Z, Wang H, Deng Y, Niu C, Zeng G (2017) Novel ternary heterojunction photcocatalyst of Ag nanoparticles and g-C3N4 nanosheets co-modified BiVO4 for wider spectrum visible-light photocatalytic degradation of refractory pollutant. Appl Catal B-Environ 205:133–147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.201612017 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Ho W, Zhang Z, Lin W, Huang S, Zhang X, Wang X, Huang Y (2015) Copolymerization with 2,4,6-triaminopyrimidine for the rolling-up the layer structure, tunable electronic properties, and photocatalysis of g-C3N4. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 7(9):5497–5505. https://doi.org/10.1021/am509213x CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 27.Liu M, Luo L, Dong F, Wei H, Nie X, Zhang W, Hu W, Ding C, Wang P (2019) Characteristics and mechanism of uranium photocatalytic removal enhanced by chelating hole scavenger citric acid in a TiO2 suspension system. J Radioanal Nucl Chem 319(1):147–158. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10967-018-6237-y CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Zou Y, Wang P, Yao W, Wang X, Liu Y, Yang D, Wang L, Hou J, Alsaedi A, Hayat T, Wang X (2017) Synergistic immobilization of UO2 2+ by novel graphitic carbon nitride @ layered double hydroxide nanocomposites from wastewater. Chem Eng J 330:573–584. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.201707135 CrossRefGoogle Scholar