Determination of mass fractions of 12 elements in more common apple varieties in Iran by instrumental neutron activation analysis
- 1 Downloads
In this study, the amount of 12 elements in five widespread varieties of apples (Malus pumila) used in the Arak markets in Iran (Uromieh golden apple—Maragheh golden apple—Semirom golden apple, Semirom green apple, Semirom red apple) were determined using the instrumental neutron activation analysis method. In this work, the Tehran research reactor was used as a source of thermal neutron flux. The highest concentrations of Cl, K, Mg, Na and Zn were detected in Maragheh golden apple which indicates that from the point of view of nutrition, the best cultivar of studied apples is Maragheh golden apple.
KeywordsApple Chemical element Instrumental neutron activation analysis Nutrition
The authors thank the research council of Arak University and the Atomic Energy Agency in Iran for the financial support of this study.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no competing interests.
- 1.Kabata-Pendias A, Pendias H (2001) Trace elements in soils and Plants, 3rd edn. CRC Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Skordas K, Papastergios G, Kantiranis N, Filippidis A (2018) Fresenius Environ Bull 27(12):8244–8252Google Scholar
- 9.Blaauw M (1993) Interfacultair Reactor Institute van de Technische Universiteit DelftGoogle Scholar
- 10.Fireston BR, Shirley SV, Baglin MC, Frank Chu SY, Zipkin J (1996) The 8 Edition of Table of Isotopes, CD-ROM. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 12.Live Chart of Nuclides nuclear structure and decay. https://www-nds.iaea.org/relnsd/vcharthtml/VChartHTML.html
- 14.Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Arsenic, Boron, Chromium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Nickel, Silicon, Vanadium, and Zinc (2001). Institute of Medicine (US) Panel on Micronutrients. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US). ISBN-10: 0-309-07279-4ISBN-10: 0-309-07290-5Google Scholar
- 16.FAO/WHO (1989) Aluminum. In: Evaluation of certain food additives and contaminants: thirty-third report of the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. Geneva, WorldGoogle Scholar
- 18.Oana C, Simedru D, Micu O, Miclean M, Levei E, Hoaghia A, Luca E (2014) Agric Sci Pract 3–4:91–92Google Scholar