Enrichment of lithium isotope 6Li by ion exchange resin with specific particle size
- 402 Downloads
Enrichment of lithium isotopes by displacement chromatography on strong acid cation exchanger was investigated. Narrow particle fraction of Dowex 50 WX 2 cation exchanger having diameter of 150–200 µm and total exchange capacity of 1.31 meq mL−1 was used as stationary phase. As a mobile phase, 1 mol L−1 solution of ammonium nitrate solution was used. Shape and position of Li chromatographic peak, was determined by atomic emission spectroscopy (AES). Isotope ratio was estimated by ICP–MS after 1, 8 and 10 enrichment steps. Value of separation factor for 6Li in one step was determined to be 1.027.
KeywordsLithium Isotope separation Elution chromatography Ion exchange chromatography
This work was supported by the financial support from specific university research (MSMT No 20/2015).
- 4.Zaghloul M, Sze D, Raffray A (2003) Thermo-physical properties and equilibrium vapor-composition of lithium fluoride-beryllium fluoride (2LiF/BeF2) molten salt. Fus Sci Technol 44(2):344–350Google Scholar
- 5.Casini G (1983) Progress in studies of li17pb83 as liquid breeder for fusion-reactor blankets. Nucl Technol 4(2):1228–1232Google Scholar
- 11.Samuelson O (1963) Ion exchange separations in analytical chemistry. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 14.Ergun S (1952) Fluid flow through packed columns. Chem Eng Prog 48(2):89–94Google Scholar
- 18.Barrett J (2003) Inorganic chemistry in aqueous. The Royal Society of Chemistry, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 26.Kim D (2001) Chromatographic enrichment of lithium isotopes by hydrous manganese(IV) oxide. Bull Korean Chem Soc 22(5):503–506Google Scholar