Various flowsheets of actinides recovery with diamides of heterocyclic dicarboxylic acids
Solvents on the base of diamides of heterocyclic dicarboxylic acids are promising alternatives for studied Grouped ActiNide EXtraction (GANEX) solvents. Advantage of these ligands is the possibility of simultaneous extraction not only of residual uranium and plutonium, but also minor actinides—neptunium, americium and curium. Two flowsheets on the base of diamides of heterocyclic dicarboxylic acids for separation of actinides form acidic solutions were developed, tested in laboratory scale and compared. Both flowsheets allow separation of more than 99.95% of actinides from raffinates with high content of lanthanides.
KeywordsActinides Americium Separation Polar diluents Diamides Flowsheet
This work was partially financially supported by Government of Russian Federation, Grant 074-U01.
- 1.Adnet J-M, Miguirditchian M, Hill C, Heres X, Lecomte M, Masson M, Brossard P, Baron P (2005) Development of new hydrometallurgical processes for actinide recovery: GANEX concept. Proc. of Global-2005 Conf. paper 119Google Scholar
- 3.Miguirditchian M, Sorel C, Cames B, Bisel I, Baron P, Espinoux D, Calor J-N, Viallesoubranne C, Lorrain B, Masson M (2009) HA demonstration in the Atalante facility of the GANEX 1st cycle for the selective extraction of uranium from HLW. Proc. of Global-2009 Conf. Sustainable Options & Industrial Perspectives, The Nuclear Fuel CycleGoogle Scholar
- 4.Miguirditchian M, Roussel H, Chareyre L, Baron P, Espinoux D, Calor J-N, Viallesoubranne C, Larraine B, Masson M (2009) HA demonstration in the Atalante facility of the GANEX 2nd cycle for the grouped TRU extraction. Proc. of Global-2009 Conf. (The Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Sustainable Options & Industrial Perspectives)Google Scholar
- 9.Aneheim E, Ekberg C, Foreman MRS, Löfström-Engdahl E, Mabile N (2012) Studies of a solvent for GANEX applications containing CyMe4-BTBP and DEHBA in cyclohexanone sep. Sci Technol 47:663–669Google Scholar
- 12.Carrott M, Bell K, Brown J, Geist A, Gregson C, Hères X, Maher C, Malmbeck R, Mason C, Modolo G, Müllich U, Sarsfield M, Wilden A, Taylor R (2014) Development of a new flowsheet for co-separating the transuranic actinides: the “EURO-GANEX” process. Solv Extr Ion Exch 32:447–467CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Kirsanov DO, Borisova NE, Reshetova MD, Ivanov AV, Korotkov LA, Eliseev II, Alyapyshev MYu, Spiridonov IG, Legin AV, Vlasov YuG, Babain VA (2012) Novel diamides of 2,2'-dipyridyl-6,6'-dicarboxylic acid: synthesis, coordination properties, and possibilities of use in electrochemical sensors and liquid extraction. Russ Chem Bull Intern Ed 61:881–890CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Egorov GF (1986) Radiation chemistry of extraction systems. Ehnergoatomizdat, MoscowGoogle Scholar