Rapid determination of 90Sr in urine samples using AnaLig® Sr-01
- 257 Downloads
This paper describes the use of IBC’s AnaLig® Sr-01 molecular recognition technology product to effectively and selectively pre-concentrate, separate, and recover strontium from urine samples. This method uses two-stage columns separation consisting of two different commercial products Eichrom’s Pre-filter Material and AnaLig® Sr-01 column from IBC Advanced Technologies. This method does not involve co-precipitation of strontium as phosphates and oxalates from urine samples. The new rapid method separates strontium-90 with high chemical recovery.
KeywordsUrine analysis Bioassay Pre-concentration Strontium-90
This work was supported by the Slovak Research and Development Agency under the Contract No. APVV-20-007105.
- 1.Venketesh Iyengar G (1989) Elemental analysis of biological systems: biomedical, environmental, compositional, and methodological aspects of trace elements, vol 1. CRC Press Inc., Boca RatonGoogle Scholar
- 2.National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) (1987) Use of Bioassay Procedures for Assessment of Internal Radionuclide Deposition, NCRP Report No. 87. Bethesda, MarylandGoogle Scholar
- 7.Prasad MVR, Jeevanram RK, Sundararajan AR, Surya Narayana DS (1991) Review of Literature on Bioassay Methods for Estimating Radionuclides in Urine. Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic ResearchGoogle Scholar
- 11.Čajkovičová A (2012) Rigorózna práca. PriFUK, BratislavaGoogle Scholar
- 15.Eichrom Industries Inc. www.eichrom.com/products/info/prefilter.cfm. Accessed 02 May 2012