Preliminary simulations of NaI(Tl) detectors, and coincidence analysis using event stamping
- 292 Downloads
This paper discusses preliminary work into the modelling and processing of coincidence measurements, for which a Monte-Carlo simulation and a post-processing program have both been developed. In the current work, a GEANT4 code is used to simulate a pair of NaI(Tl) scintillators, which are used experimentally to both develop the post-processing program and validate the GEANT4 model. This is found to be accurate to within 9 % at a confidence level of 93.0 % for energies from 30 to 3,000 keV.
KeywordsList mode Coincidence GEANT4 Monte Carlo simulations
Thank you to the University of Surrey, the AWE Technical Outreach Programme and EPSRC for funding this research.
- 1.Knoll GF (2010) Radiation detection and measurement, 4th edn. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Davies A, Burnett J (2010) Development of a comsic veto device to improve detection limits of CTBT detectors. AWE report 720/10Google Scholar
- 5.Burnett J, Davies A (2011) J Radioanal Nucl Chem. doi: 10.1007/s10967-011-1566-0
- 8.NuDat2 (2011) http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/nudat2/. Accessed 01 Dec 2011
- 13.Lomax R (2007) Statistical concepts: a second course. ISBN 0-8058-5850-4Google Scholar