(S)-2-((S)-2-(4-(3-[18F]fluoropropyl)benzamido)-3-phenylpropanamido)pentanedioic acid labeled with 18F
As degradation product of Antineoplaston A10 in vivo, phenylacetyl glutamine showed antitumor activities. According to literatures, we designed and radiosynthesized a phenylacetyl glutamine derivative, which was achieved under a mild reaction condition. Evaluations in vitro and in vivo were performed on tumor bearing mice. Excitingly, the radiochemical purity of (S)-2-((S)-2-(4-(3-fluoropropyl)benzamido)-3-phenylpropanamido)pentanedioic acid ([18F]FBPPA) was 98%, and besides the best radiochemical yield was up to 46%. T/Bl (Tumor/Blood) and T/M (Tumor/Muscle) ratios of [18F]FBPPA at 60 min post injection were 2.33 and 3.51. Meanwhile, it showed satisfied stability in vitro and in vivo, compared with 2-[18F]fluorodeoxyglucose ([18F]FDG). Although [18F]FBPPA deserved further studies to make optimizations on its structure, the results revealed it might become a potential PET imaging agent for detecting tumors.
Keywords18F PET Tumor
We acknowledged with thanks for financial supports from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No.20371009 and No.20671014), Key laboratory of Radioactive Medicine of Ministry Education and Beijing Municipal Commission of Education.
- 5.Burzynski SR (1983) Abstracts of papers Eur 13th Int Cong chemother[C]. Vienna, p 11Google Scholar
- 6.Khalid M (1987) Drugs Exptl Clin Res 13(Supp 1):57Google Scholar
- 7.Qu X, Cui S, Tiani Z (2007) Anticancer Res 27(4B):2427Google Scholar
- 13.Medina MA (2001) J Nutr 131(9 Suppl):2539SGoogle Scholar
- 16.Lohmann R, Souba WW, Zakrzewski (1998) Metab Clin Exp 47:608Google Scholar
- 17.Kung HF, Zhu L, Ploessl K (2009) Abstracts of papers 238th ACS national meeting, Wahington DC, USA, August 16–20. ACS, Wahington, DC, p 641Google Scholar
- 18.Dinkelborg L, Friebe M, Krasikowa R. WO Patent. 2008052788, 2008Google Scholar
- 19.Guan MY, Shi N, Sun JZ (2003) J Chin Clin Med Imaging 14(2):112Google Scholar
- 20.Chu TW, Xie JL, Wang XY (2002) Nucl Tech 25(5):361Google Scholar