Labeling of apigenin with 131I and bioactivity of 131I-apigenin in male and female rats
- 128 Downloads
Apigenin (4′,5,7-trihydroxyflavone), one of the most common flavonoids, has been shown to possess a variety of biological activities including tumor growth inhibition and chemopreventation. In the present study, apigenin was labeled with 131I using iodogen method and investigated of its bioactivity. Radiolabeling yield is 98±0.2%, as determined by radio thin layer chromatography (RTLC), electrophoresis and radio high performance liquid chromatography (RHPLC). Besides, structure analysis of synthesized cold iodoapigenin complex were assessed with LCMS/MS and 1H-NMR. Results of in vitro study indicated a high stability (3 hours) in human serum. Biodistrubition studies are performed in male and female albino Wistar rats. Biodistribution data related to the male rats showed significant uptake in the small intestine. The female rats biodistribution results indicated that the uptake of 131I-apigenin was high in the intestine and uterus.
KeywordsPartition Coefficient Apigenin HCCH Biodistribution Data Proton Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Gradolatto, M. C. Canivenc-lavier, J.-P. Basly, M.-H. Siess, C. Teyssier, Am. Soc.Pharm. Exp. Therap., 32 (2004) 58.Google Scholar
- 2.D. Patel, S. Shukla, S. Gupta, Intern. J. Oncol., 30 (2007) 233.Google Scholar
- 3.X. Wen, T. Walle, Am. Soc. Pharm. Exp. Therap., 34 (2006) 1786.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Gradolatto, J.-P. Basly, R. Berges, C. Teyssier, M.-C. Chagnon, M.-H. Siess, M.-C. Canivenc-Lavier, Am. Soc. Pharm. Exp. Therap., 33 (2005) 49.Google Scholar
- 6.L. I. Boyong, H. Dennis, D. F. Birt, J. Pharm. Sci., 88 (1997) 721.Google Scholar