European measurement comparison of 137Cs, 40K and 90Sr in milk powder
- 86 Downloads
Recently, the Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM) has assumed responsibility for organizing regular measurement comparisons among those laboratories which provide radioactivity monitoring data from their country to authorities of the European Commission (EC) under various EC legislation articles. The most recent exercise under this International Comparison Scheme for Radioactivity Environmental Monitoring (ICS-REM) in measuring the 137Cs, 40K and the 90Sr activity concentration in milk powder is presented here. The complete cycle of the comparison is described, including the establishment of reference values traceable to SI units, the demonstration of the homogeneity of the distributed samples, the treatment and measurement of samples in the participating laboratories, and the evaluation of the results.
KeywordsInternational Atomic Energy Agency Milk Powder Comparison Exercise Universal Time Coordinate Milk Powder Sample
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Oostra, J. Charoud-Got, G. Van Lommel, H. Emteborg, Reprocessing of IAEA-152 Milk Powder for a REM Inter-Comparison Material, EC-JRC-IRMM / RM Unit, Processing Sector, Report, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Bernreuther, P. Conneely, EC-JRC-IRMM/RM Unit, Report of Analysis No. 419, 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Altzitzoglou, A. Bohnstedt, Characterisation of the IAEA-152 Milk Powder Intercomparison Material for Radioactivity with Assigned Values Traceable to the SI units, Internal Report No. GE/R/IM/15/06, 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.ISO/FDIS 13528:2005, Statistical Methods for Use in Proficiency Testing by Interlaboratory Comparisons.Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Spasova, Homogeneity Measurements for the EC Intercomparison 40K, 90Sr and 137Cs in Milk Powder, EC-JRC-IRMM/IM Unit, Internal Report No. GE/R/IM/05/06/01/25, 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.ISO GUIDE 43-1:1997, Proficiency Testing by Interlaboratory Comparisons, Part 1: Development and Operation of Proficiency Testing Schemes.Google Scholar
- 9.U. Wätjen, Y. Spasova, T. Altzitzoglou, S. Pommé, EC measurement comparison for 137Cs, 40K and 90Sr in milk powder, Report EUR 22616 EN, 2006.Google Scholar