The FKG Inequality for Partially Ordered Algebras
The FKG inequality asserts that for a distributive lattice with log-supermodular probability measure, any two increasing functions are positively correlated. In this paper we extend this result to functions with values in partially ordered algebras, such as algebras of matrices and polynomials.
KeywordsFKG inequality Distributive lattice Ahlswede-Daykin inequality Correlation inequality Partially ordered algebras
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Graham, R.L.: Applications of the FKG inequality and its relatives. In: Mathematical Programming: The State of the Art, pp. 115–131. Springer, Berlin (1983) Google Scholar
- 10.Glimm, J., Jaffe, A.: Quantum Physics: A Functional Integral Point of View, 2nd edn. Springer, New York (1987) Google Scholar
- 19.Sahi, S.: Higher correlation inequalities. Combinatorica (to appear) Google Scholar
- 20.Sahi, S.: Correlation inequalities for partially ordered algebras, to appear in a volume in honor of Peter Fishburn, Springer Google Scholar
- 21.Sarkar, T.: Some lower bounds of reliability. Technical Report 124, Dept. Oper. Res. and Stat., Stanford University (1969) Google Scholar