Resonance Vibration and Dissipative Heating of a Flexible Viscoelastic Beam with Piezoactuators in the Presence of Shear Strains
- 4 Downloads
We consider a problem of forced resonance vibration and dissipative heating of a hinged flexible viscoelastic beam with piezoactuators in the presence of transverse shear strains. The effects of geometric nonlinearities, in-plane shear strains, and the conditions of heat exchange on the surfaces on the amplitude and temperature-frequency characteristics of the forced vibration of the beam and the thermal failure of the system are investigated. The possibility of active damping of the mode of flexural vibrations by piezoactuators is analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ya. M. Grigorenko and A. T. Vasilenko, Theory of Shells with Variable Stiffness, in: A. N. Guz’ (editor), Methods for the Numerical Analyses of Shells [in Russian], Vol. 4, Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Il’yushin and B. E. Pobedrya, Foundations of the Mathematical Theory of Thermoviscoelasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Karnaukhov and V. V. Mikhailenko, Nonlinear Thermomechanics of Piezoelectric Inelastic Bodies under Monoharmonic Loading [in Russian], Zhytomyr State Technol. Univ., Zhytomyr (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Karnaukhov, І. F. Kyrychok, and V. I. Kozlov, “Thermomechanics of inelastic thin-walled structural members with piezoelectric sensors and actuators under harmonic loading (review),” Prikl. Mekh.,53, No. 1, 9–74 (2017); English translation: Int. Appl. Mech.,53, No. 1, 6–58 (2017).MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.І. F. Kyrychok, І. K. Senchenkov, and O. P. Chervinko, “Forced vibrations and vibration heating of viscoelastic beams with piezoelectric sensors and actuators,” Mat. Met. Fiz.-Mekh. Polya,57, No. 2, 112–124 (2014); English translation: J. Math. Sci.,215, No. 2, 143–158 (2016).MathSciNetCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.I. A. Guz, Y. A. Zhuk, and M. Kashtalyan, “Dissipative heating and thermal fatigue life prediction for structures containing piezoactive layers,” Tech. Mechanik,32, Nos. 2-5, 238–250 (2012).Google Scholar