Orthogonal Polynomials, 6J-Symbols, and Statistical Weights of SOS Models
We describe a simple diagrammatic method that allows one to connect the Boltzmann weights of vertex models of statistical mechanics with those of SOS models. An analogy with the computation of 6j-symbols is pointed out. The construction of statistical weights heavily relies on the realization of the group SU(2) on the space of functions of one variable. A closed-form answer for some particular cases is obtained. It is shown that in the general case, the statistical weight of a SOS model, as well as the 6j-symbol, can be presented as the scalar product of two polynomials of a certain type. Bibliography: 16 titles.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Baxter, Exactly Solved Models in Statistical Mechanics, Academic Press (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.V. E. Korepin, N. M. Bogoliubov, and A. G. Izergin, Quantum Inverse Scattering Method and Correlation Functions, Cambridge Univ. Press (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.I. B. Frenkel and V. G. Turaev, “Trigonometric solutions of the Yang–Baxter equation, nets, and hypergeometric functions,” in: Functional Analysis on the Eve of the 21st Century, Vol. 1, Progress in Math., 131, Birkhäuser, Boston (1995), pp. 65–118.Google Scholar
- 7.I. B. Frenkel and V. G. Turaev, “Elliptic solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation and modular hypergeometric functions,” in: The Arnold–Gelfand Mathematical Seminars, Birkh¨auser, Boston (1997), pp. 171–204.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Klimyk and K. Schmüdgen, Quantum Groups and Their Representations, Springer (1997).Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Gelfand and M. I. Naimark, “Unitary representations of the classical groups,” Trudy Mat. Inst. Steklov, 36, 3–288 (1950).Google Scholar
- 11.D. P. Zhelobenko, Lections on Lie Group Theory [in Russian], Dubna (1965).Google Scholar
- 13.L. D. Faddeev, “How the algebraic Bethe ansatz works for integable models,” in: A. Connes, K. Gawedzki, and J. Zinn-Justin (eds.), Quantum Symmetries/Sym´etries Quantiques, Proceedings of the Les Houches summer school, LXIV, North Holland (1998), pp. 149–211.Google Scholar
- 15.A. N. Kirillov and N. Yu. Reshetikhin, “Representations of the algebra U q(sℓ(2)), qorthogonal polynomials and invariants of links,” in: Infinite-Dimensional Lie Algebras and Groups, World Scientific (1989), pp. 285–339.Google Scholar
- 16.D. A. Varshalovich, A. N. Moskalev, and V. K. Khersonskii, Quantum Theory of Angular Momentum, World Scientific (1988).Google Scholar