Equations of the Local Gradient Electromagnetothermomechanics of Polarizable Nonferromagnetic Bodies with Regard for Electric Quadrupole Moments
- 4 Downloads
We formulate a complete system of relations of the local gradient electromagnetothermomechanics of electrically conductive nonferromagnetic polarizable solid media. The nonlocal character of the constitutive relations of the proposed mathematical model is explained by the presence of electric quadrupole moments in the polarization current. As a result of taking into account these moments, the space of parameters of the thermodynamic state of the body is expanded by including a pair of additional conjugate parameters, namely, the quadrupole moment and the gradient of the vector of electric-field intensity. It is shown that the developed model takes into account the electromechanical interaction for materials with high level of symmetry (isotropic materials) and describes the flexoelectric and thermopolarization effects. We also present the key system of equations for a physically and geometrically linear medium.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Bredov, V. V. Rumyantsev, and I. N. Toptygin, Classical Electrodynamics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. Burak, V. Kondrat, and O. Hrytsyna, Foundations of the Local Gradient Theory of Dielectrics [in Ukrainian], Lira, Uzhgorod (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Kondrat and O. Hrytsyna, “Linear theory of the electromagnetomechanics of dielectrics,” Fiz.-Mat. Model. Inform,. Tekhnol., Issue 9, 7–46 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.I. E. Tamm, Fundamentals of the Theory of Electricity, Mir, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.A. M. Fedorchenko, Theoretical Physics. Classical Electrodynamics [in Russian], Vyshcha Shkola, Kiev (1988).Google Scholar