Asymptotic Distributions of Stresses and Displacements Near the Edge of a Contact Zone
- 6 Downloads
We find the asymptotic distributions of stresses and displacements near the edge point of a contact zone for problems of friction contact and contact with complete adhesion of an elastic body with a die, as well as for the problems of friction contact of two elastic bodies and contact of the faces of interface cracks. The distributions of elastic fields are obtained by using one of the Kolosov–Muskhelishvili complex potentials in the form of a Cauchy-type integral whose density is given by a complex function of contact forces.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. L. Johnson, Contact Mechanics, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, etc. (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Dundurs and M. Comninou, “Survey and prospects of the investigations of interface cracks,” in: Fracture of Composite Materials [in Russian], Zinatne, Riga (1979), pp. 78–87.Google Scholar
- 3.N. I. Muskhelishvili, Some Basic Problems of the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966); English translation: Noordhoff, Leyden (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Nádai, Theory of Flow and Fracture of Solids, Vol. 2, McGraw-Hill, New York (1963). https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.b4140942;view=1up;seq=10.Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Ostrik and A. F. Ulitko, Wiener–Hopf Method in Contact Problems of the Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.M. P. Savruk, Stress Intensity Factors in Bodies with Cracks, in: V. V. Panasyuk (editor), Fracture Mechanics and Strength of Materials [in Russian], Vol. 2, Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. S. Uflyand, Integral Transformations in Problems of the Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.G. P. Cherepanov, Mechanics of Brittle Fracture [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.G. C. Sih and E. P. Chen, Cracks in Composite Materials: A Compilation of Stress Solutions for Composite Systems with Cracks, Ser. Mechanics of Fracture, Vol. 6, M. Nijhoff, London, etc. (1981).Google Scholar