On Gaussian Approximation of Multi-Channel Networks with Input Flows of General Structure
In this paper, a multi-channel queueing network with input flow of a general structure is considered. The multi-dimensional service process is introduced as the number of customers at network nodes. In the heavy-traffic regime, a functional limit theorem of diffusion approximation type is proved under the condition that the input flows converge to their limits in the uniform topology. A limit Gaussian process is constructed and its correlation characteristics are represented explicitly via the network parameters. A network with nonhomogeneous Poisson input flow is studied as a particular case of the general model, and a correspondent Gaussian limit process is built.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Anisimov and E.A. Lebedev, Stochastic Queueing Networks. Markov Models, Lybid, Kyiv (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Anisimov, Switching Processes in Queueing Models, ISTE Ltd (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Anisimov, “Switching queueing networks,” in: Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences, Vol. 5233, Springer-Verlag (2011), pp. 258–283.Google Scholar
- 5.G. P. Basharin, P. P. Bocharov, and Y.A. Kogan, Analysis of Queues in Calculating Networks, Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.I. I. Gikhman and A. V. Skorohod, Theory of Stochastic Processes, Vol. 1, Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.R. A. Horn and Ch.R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, Cambridge University Press (1985).Google Scholar
- 12.E. A. Lebedev and I. A. Makushenko, Risk Optimisation for Multi-channel Stochastic Network, National Library of Ukraine, Kyiv (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.E. Lebedev, A. Chechelnitsky, and A. Livinska, “Multi-channel network with interdependent input flows in heavy traffic,” Theor. Probab. Math. Stat., No. 97, 109–119 (2017).Google Scholar
- 14.H. V. Livinska and E.A. Lebedev, “Conditions of Gaussian non-Markov approximation for multichannel networks,” in: Proceedings of the ECMS-2015, Albena (Varna), Bulgaria (2015), pp. 642–649.Google Scholar
- 21.A. A. Nazarov and S.P. Moiseeva, Method of Asymptotic Analysis in Queueing Theory, Sc.-Techn. Litr. Publ., Tomsk (2006).Google Scholar
- 22.A. A. Nazarov and I. L. Lapatin, “Asymptotically Poisson MAP-flows,” Bull. Tomsk State Univ. Ser. Control Comput. Tech. Inform., 4, No. 13, 72–78 (2010).Google Scholar
- 23.A. Nazarov, J. Sztrik, and A. Kvach, “Some features of a finite-source M/GI/1 retrial queuing system with collisions of customers,” in: Distributed Computer and Communication Networks DCCN 2017, Communications in Computer and Information Science,Vol. 700, Vishnevskiy, K. Samouylov, and D. Kozyrev (eds.), Springer Verlag, 186–200 (2017).Google Scholar
- 24.J. Sztrik, “Finite-source queueing systems and their applications,” in: Formal Methods in Computing Chap. 7, M. Ferenczi, A. Pataricza, and L. Ronyai (eds.), Akademia Kiado, Budapest, Hungary (2005).Google Scholar