On the Spectra of Boundary Value Problems Generated by Some One-Dimensional Embedding Theorems
- 15 Downloads
The spectra of boundary value problems related to one-dimensional high order embedding theorems are considered. It is proved that for some orders, the eigenvalues corresponding to even eigenfunctions of different problems cannot coincide.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. S. Birman and M. Z. Solomyak, Spectral Theory of Self-Adjoint Operators in Hilbert Space, 2nd ed., Lan’ (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. Gradstein and I. M. Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Sums, Series and Products, 5th ed., Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.M. G. Krein, “Oscillation theorems for ordinary differential operators of arbitrary order,” DAN SSSR, 25, No. 9, 717–720 (1939).Google Scholar
- 14.D. S. Mitrinović and P. M. Vasić, “An integral inequality ascribed to Wirtinger, and its variations and generalizations,” Publ. fac. d’électrotech. l’Univ. Belgrade, Sér. Math. et Phys., No. 272, 157–170 (1969).Google Scholar
- 17.A. S. Slastenin, “Exact constants in some one-dimensional embedding theorems,” Master thesis, SPbGU, St. Petersburg (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.V. A. Steklov, “The problem of cooling an inhomogeneous solid rod,” Commun. Kharkov Math. Soc., Ser. 2, 5, 136–181 (1896).Google Scholar