Asymptotics of Oscillating Solutions to Equations with Power Nonlinearities
- 4 Downloads
We present results on the existence of oscillating solutions of specific form (“quasiperiodic solutions) for a nonlinear differential equation with power nonlinearity. For oscillating solutions to third-order equations of this type, we obtain an asymptotics of extremums, which is expressed through the asymptotics of extremums of a “quasiperiodic” solution. These results clarify the asymptotic formulas for the modules of extremums of solutions obtained by the author earlier.
Keywords and phrasesoscillating solution asymptotic behavior nonlinear equation
AMS Subject Classification34C10 34E10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Astashova, “On the asymptotic behavior of sign-alternating solutions to some nonlinear third- and fourth-order differential equations,” in: Proc. I. N. Vekua Seminar [in Russian], 3, No. 3, Tbilisi (1988), pp. 9–12.Google Scholar
- 2.I. V. Astashova, “Qualitative properties of solutions to quasilinear ordinary differential equations,” in: Qualitative Properties of Solutions to Differential Equations and Related Topics of Spectral Analysis (I. V. Astashova, ed.) [in Russian], Moscow (2012), pp. 22–288.Google Scholar
- 4.I. V. Astashova, “On the existence of positive solutions with a nonpower asymptotics of an equation of the Emden–Fowler-type of 13th and 14th order,” Differ. Equ., 49, No. 6, 775–777 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.I. V. Astashova, “On power and nonpower asymptotic behavior of positive solutions to Emden–Fowler-type higher-order equations,” Adv. Differ. Equ., 220 (2013), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/10.1186/1687-1847-2013-220.
- 7.I. V. Astashova, “On asymptotic classification of solutions to nonlinear third- and fourth-order differential equations with power nonlinearity,” Vestn. Bauman Mosk. Tekh. Univ. Ser. Estestv. Nauk, 2, 3–25 (2015).Google Scholar