Regularization of an Ill-Posed Cauchy Problem for the Wave Equation (Numerical Experiment)
- 17 Downloads
Results of a numerical experiment of solving an ill-posed Cauchy problem for the wave equation are discussed. An instrumental function for the regularizing algorithm applied here is given, and an analysis of stability is carried out.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Babich, V. S. Buldyrev, and I. A. Molotkov, The Space-Time Ray Method. Linear and Nonlinear Waves, Cambridge University Press (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Blagoveshchensky and F. N. Podymaka, “On a Cauchy problem for the wave equation with data on a time-like hyperplane,” in: Proceedings of the International Conference DAYS on DIFFRACTION (2016), pp. 31–34.Google Scholar
- 5.M. N. Demchenko, “Regularization of an ill-posed Cauchy problem for the wave equation (Fourier method),” www.arxiv.org/abs/1609.05049 (2016).
- 6.David Finch, Sarah K. Patch, and Rakesh, “Determining a function from its mean values over a family of spheres,” SIAM J. Math. Anal., 35, No. 5, 1213–1240 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.Markus Haltmeier, “Universal inversion formulas for recovering a function from spherical means,” www.arxiv.org/abs/1206.3424v5 (2014).
- 8., Inverse Problems for Partial Differential Equations, Appl. Math. Sciences, 127, Springer (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.S. I. Kabanikhin, Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems [in Russian], Novosibirsk (2009).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Courant and D. Hilbert, Methods of Mathematical Physics, Volume II: Partial Differential Equations, Wiley Classics Edition (1989).Google Scholar
- 11.M. M. Lavrent’ev, V. G. Romanov, and S. P. Shishatskii, Ill-Posed Problems of Mathematical Physics and Analysis, AMS Transl. Math. Monographs, 64 (1986).Google Scholar
- 14.M. A. Shishlenin, “The matrix method in inverse source problems,” Siberian Electronic Math. Reports, 11, 161–171 (2014).Google Scholar