An Analog of the Chi-Square Distribution for Normalized Sums with Small Number of Summands
- 25 Downloads
In the present paper we obtain approximations to the distribution of a sum of squared normalized variables with small number of summands, and provide an estimate of approximation accuracy. We compare confidence intervals for the unknown parameter σ constructed with the use of the obtained approximations when α 1 is known, with the intervals constructed with the use of the classical chi-square distribution under the assumption of normality of normalized sums.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. N. Bolshev and N. V. Smirnov, Tables of Mathematical Statistics, Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.V.Yu. Korolev, “On distributions in which symmetrization is a scale mixture of normal laws,” Stat. Methods of Estimating and Hypothesis Testing, 136–143 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.P.N. Sapozhnikov, “Estimation of Parameters of a Compound–Poisson Process,” Stat. Methods of Estimating and Hypothesis Testing, 46–52 (2000).Google Scholar
- 7.G. I. Devyatkova, M.V. Radionova, and A.V. Popov, “The system of estimating optimal boundaries for some biological parameters of examination of calculous cholecystitis pqatients,” Perm’s Med. J., 47–53 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.Guidelines for Designing Reference Values for Laboratory Parameters, Ministry of Health, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar