Topological Classification of Morse–Smale Diffeomorphisms Without Heteroclinic Intersections
- 25 Downloads
We study the class G(M n ) of orientation-preserving Morse–Smale diffeomorfisms on a connected closed smooth manifold M n of dimension n ≥ 4 which is defined by the following condition: for any f ∊ G(M n ) the invariant manifolds of saddle periodic points have dimension 1 and (n − 1) and contain no heteroclinic intersections. For diffeomorfisms in G(M n ) we establish the topoligical type of the supporting manifold which is determined by the relation between the numbers of saddle and node periodic orbits and obtain necessary and sufficient conditions for topological conjugacy. Bibliography: 14 titles.
KeywordsManifold Saddle Point Vector Bundle Periodic Point Invariant Manifold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Z. Grines, E. Ya. Gurevich, and V. S. Medvedev, “Peixoto graph of Morse–Smale diffeomorphisms on manifolds of dimension greater than three” [in Russian], Tr. Mat. Inst. Steklova 261, 61–86 (2008); English transl.: Proc. Steklov Inst. Math. 261, 59–83 (2008).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Z. Grines, E. Ya. Gurevich, and V. S. Medvedev, “Classification of Morse–Smale diffeomorphisms with one-dimensional set of unstable separatrices” [in Russian], Tr. Mat. Inst. Steklova 270, 62–86 (2010); English transl.: Proc. Steklov Inst. Math. 270, 57–79 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.V. Z. Grines and O. V. Pochinka, “Morse–Smale cascades on 3-manifolds” [in Russian], Usp. Mat. Nauk 68, No. 1, 129–188 (2013); English transl: Russ. Math. Surv 68, No. 1, 117–173 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.V. Z. Grines and O. V. Pochinka, Introduction to Topological Classification of Cascades on Manifolds of Dimension Two and Three [in Russian], Izhevsk (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.V. Z. Grines and O. V. Pochinka, “On the simple isotopy class of a source-sink diffeomorphism on the 3-sphere” [in Russian], Mat. Zametki 94, No. 6, 828–845 (2013); English transl.: Math. Notes 94, No. 6, 862–875 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Bonatti, V. Z. Grines, and O. V. Pochinka, “Classification of Morse–Smale diffeomorphisms with a finite set of heteroclinic orbits on 3-manifolds” [in Russian], Tr. Mat. Inst. Steklova 250, 5–53 (2005); English transl.: Proc. Steklov Inst. Math. 250, 1–46 (2005).Google Scholar
- 13.V. S. Medvedev and Ya. L. Umanskii, “Decomposition of n-manifolds into simple manifolds” [in Russian], Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Mat. No. 1, 46–50 (1979); English transl.: Sov. Math. 23, No. 1, 36–39 (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.B. A. Dubrovin, S. P. Novikov, and A. T. Fomenko, Modern Geometry. Methods and Applications [in Russian]m Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar