Local Solarity of Suns in Normed Linear Spaces
- 43 Downloads
The paper is concerned with solarity of intersections of suns with bars (in particular, with closed balls and extreme hyperstrips) in normed linear spaces. A sun in a finite-dimensional (BM)-space (in particular, in ℓ 1(n)) is shown to be monotone path connected. A nonempty intersection of an m-connected set (in particular, a sun in a two-dimensional space or in a finite-dimensional (BM)-space) with a bar is shown to be a monotone path-connected sun. Similar results are obtained for boundedly compact subsets of infinite-dimensional spaces. A nonempty intersection of a monotone path-connected subset of a normed space with a bar is shown to be a monotone path-connected α-sun.
KeywordsClosed Ball Normed Linear Space Separable Banach Space Nonempty Intersection Converse Assertion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.A. R. Alimov, “Bounded strict solarity of strict suns in the space C(Q),” Moscow Univ. Math. Bull. (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Boltyanskii and P. S. Soltan, Combinatorial Geometry and Convexity Classes [in Russian], Shtiintsa, Kishinev (1978).Google Scholar
- 13.A. L. Brown, “On the connectedness properties of suns in finite dimensional spaces,” Proc. Cent. Math. Anal. Aust. Natl. Univ., 20, 1–15 (1988).Google Scholar
- 14.A. L. Brown, “Suns in polyhedral spaces,” in: D. G. Álvarez, G. Lopez Acedo, and R. V. Caro, eds., Seminar of Math. Analysis. Univ. Malaga and Seville (Spain), Sept. 2002—Feb. 2003. Proceedings, Univ. Sevilla, Sevilla (2003), pp. 139–146.Google Scholar
- 16.C. Franchetti and S. Roversi, Suns, M-connected sets and P-acyclic sets in Banach spaces, Preprint No. 50139, Inst. di Matematica Applicata G. Sansone (1988).Google Scholar