Reflection and refraction from a vertical layer of surface SH waves radiated from a point source on a boundary free of tensions
- 43 Downloads
With the help of the asymptotic boundary layer method, the transformation of an elastic SH-polarized surface wave of whispering gallery type (the so-called Love wave) is analyzed in the case where this wave passes many times through a vertical layer between two half-planes, Bibliography: 6 titles.
KeywordsReflection Boundary Layer Refraction Point Source Surface Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. M. Babich and N. Ya. Kirpichnikova, The Boundary-Layer Method in Diffraction Problems, Springer-Verlag (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.N. V. Sivitskaya and V. B. Filippov, “On the propagation of whispering gallery waves in a mediurn with vertical interface,” Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI, 179, 147–151 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Ya. Kirpichnikova, “Diffraction of surface SV waves on the line of jump of elastic parameters,” Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI, 342, 77–105 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Ya. Kirpichnikova, “Diffraction from a layer of surface SH-waves radiated by a point source on the boundary,” in: Proceedings of the International Conference “Days on Diffraction”, St. Petersburg (2008). pp. 72–76.Google Scholar
- 6.N. Ya. Kirpichnikova and A. S. Kirpichnikova, “The boundary layer method in the problem on far propagation of surface SV waves,” Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI, 380, 53–89 (2010).Google Scholar