Cylindrical bending of a cusped plate with big deflections
- 22 Downloads
The present paper deals with big deflections by the cylindrical bending of a cusped plate with the variable flexural rigidity vanishing at the cusped edge. The setting of boundary conditions at the plate edges depends on the geometry of sharpening of the cusped edges. All the admissible classical bending boundary-value problems are formulated. Existence and uniqueness theorems for the solutions of these boundary-value problems are proved.
KeywordsHomogeneous Boundary Condition Shell Boundary Nonhomogeneous Boundary Condition Prismatic Shell Cusped Edge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.N. Chinchaladze, “Cylindrical bending of the prismatic shell with two sharp edges in the case of a strip,” Repts. Enlarged Sess. Semin. I. Vekua Inst. Appl. Math., 10, No. 1, 21–23 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.L. H. Donnell, Beams, Plates, and Shells [Russian translation], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.G. V. Jaiani, “On some boundary-value problems for prismatic cusped shells,” in: Theory of Shells (W. T. Koiter and G. K. Mikhailov, eds.), North-Holland (1980), pp. 339–343.Google Scholar
- 12.G. V. Jaiani, “Theory of cusped Euler-Bernoulli beams and Kirchhoff-Love plates,” Lect. Notes TICMI, 3, Tbilisi Univ. Press, Tbilisi (2002).Google Scholar
- 14.G. V. Jaiani, “Bending of a plate with power law changing stiffness,” Ann. Ecole Super. Mech. Tech., 12, No. 2, 15–19 (1977).Google Scholar
- 15.G. V. Jaiani, “Theory of cusped Euler-Bernoulli beams and Kirchoff-Love plates,” Lect. Notes TICMI, 3 (2002); http://www.viam.science.tsu.ge/others/ticmi
- 16.M. V. Keldysh, “On some cases of degeneration of an equation of elliptic type on the domain boundary,” Dokl. AN SSSR, 77, No. 2, 181–183 (1951).Google Scholar
- 18.E. V. Makhover, “Bending of a plate of variable thikness with a cusped edge,” Uch. Zap. Leningrad Ped. Inst., 17, No. 2, 28–39 (1957).Google Scholar
- 19.S. G. Mikhlin, Variational Methods in Mathematical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 21.V. I. Samul, Foundations of the Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 22.S. Timoshenko and S. Woinowsky-Krieger, Theory of Plates and Shells, McGraw-Hill, New York-Toronto-London (1959).Google Scholar