Regularization Algorithms for Solving Monotone Ky Fan Inequalities with Application to a Nash-Cournot Equilibrium Model
- 162 Downloads
We make use of the Banach contraction mapping principle to prove the linear convergence of a regularization algorithm for strongly monotone Ky Fan inequalities that satisfy a Lipschitz-type condition recently introduced by Mastroeni. We then modify the proposed algorithm to obtain a line search-free algorithm which does not require the Lipschitz-type condition. We apply the proposed algorithms to implement inexact proximal methods for solving monotone (not necessarily strongly monotone) Ky Fan inequalities. Applications to variational inequality and complementarity problems are discussed. As a consequence, a linearly convergent derivative-free algorithm without line search for strongly monotone nonlinear complementarity problem is obtained. Application to a Nash-Cournot equilibrium model is discussed and some preliminary computational results are reported.
KeywordsKy Fan inequality Variational inequality Complementarity problem Linear convergence Lipschitz property Proximal point algorithm Equilibria Nash-Cournot model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fan, K.: A minimax inequality and applications. In: Shisha, O. (ed.) Inequality III, pp. 103–113. Academic Press, New York (1972) Google Scholar
- 3.Konnov, I.V.: Combined Relaxation Methods for Variational Inequalities. Springer, Berlin (2000) Google Scholar
- 4.Mastroeni, G.: On auxiliary principle for equilibrium problems. Publicatione del Dipartimento di Mathematica dell’Universita di Pisa 3, 1244–1258 (2000) Google Scholar
- 9.Van, N.T.T., Strodiot, J.J., Nguyen, V.H.: A bundle method for solving equilibrium problems. Math. Program. 116, 599–552 (2009) Google Scholar
- 17.Marcotte, P.: Advantages and drawbacks of variational inequalities formulations. In: Variational Inequalities and Network Equilibrium Problems, Erice, 1994, pp. 179–194. Plenum, New York (1995) Google Scholar