Model Spaces of Regularity Structures for Space-Fractional SPDEs
- 426 Downloads
We study model spaces, in the sense of Hairer, for stochastic partial differential equations involving the fractional Laplacian. We prove that the fractional Laplacian is a singular kernel suitable to apply the theory of regularity structures. Our main contribution is to study the dependence of the model space for a regularity structure on the three-parameter problem involving the spatial dimension, the polynomial order of the nonlinearity, and the exponent of the fractional Laplacian. The goal is to investigate the growth of the model space under parameter variation. In particular, we prove several results in the approaching subcriticality limit leading to universal growth exponents of the regularity structure. A key role is played by the viewpoint that model spaces can be identified with families of rooted trees. Our proofs are based upon a geometrical construction similar to Newton polygons for classical Taylor series and various combinatorial arguments. We also present several explicit examples listing all elements with negative homogeneity by implementing a new symbolic software package to work with regularity structures. We use this package to illustrate our analytical results and to obtain new conjectures regarding coarse-grained network measures for model spaces.
KeywordsStochastic partial differential equations Regularity structures Fractional Laplacian Nonhomeomorphic rooted trees Subcriticality boundary
Mathematics Subject Classification60H15 35R11 (Primary) 05C05 82B20 (Secondary)
We would like to thank Romain Abraham, Marie Albenque and Kilian Raschel for advice on the combinatorics of trees. CK has been supported by the VolkswagenStiftung via a Lichtenberg Professorship.
- 3.Arnold, L.: Random Dynamical Systems. Springer, Berlin (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Bruned, Y., Hairer, M., Zambotti, L.: Algebraic renormalisation of regularity structures. arXiv:1610.08468, pp. 1–84 (2016)
- 10.Chandra, A., Hairer, M.: An analytic BPHZ theorem for regularity structures. arXiv:1612.08138, pp. 1–113 (2016)
- 11.Chandra, A., Weber, H.: Stochastic PDEs, regularity structures, and interacting particle systems. Ann. Fac. Sci. Toulouse. arXiv:1508.03616 (2015)
- 16.Fish, B., Kushwaha, R., Turan, G.: Betweenness centrality profiles in trees. arXiv:1607.02334, pp. 1–21 (2016)
- 25.Hairer, M.: The motion of a random string. arXiv:1605.02192, pp. 1–20 (2015)
- 26.Hairer, M.: Regularity structures and the dynamical \(\Phi ^4_3\) model. In: Current Developments in Mathematics, 2014. International Press, Boston (2016)Google Scholar
- 31.Kolmogorov, A., Petrovskii, I., Piscounov, N.: A study of the diffusion equation with increase in the amount of substance, and its application to a biological problem. In: Tikhomirov, V.M. (ed.) Selected Works of A. N. Kolmogorov I, pp. 248–270. Kluwer, 1991. Translated by V. M. Volosov from Bull. Moscow Univ. Math. Mech. 1, 1–25 (1937)Google Scholar
- 37.Page, L., Brin, S., Motwani, R., Winograd, T.: The PageRank citation ranking: bringing order to the web. http://ilpubs.stanford.edu:8090/422/1/1999-66.pdf, pp. 1–17 (1999)Google Scholar