Harmonic Averages and New Explicit Constants for Invariant Densities of Piecewise Expanding Maps of the Interval
- 89 Downloads
The statistical behavior of families of maps is important in studying the stability properties of chaotic maps. For a piecewise expanding map τ whose slope >2 in magnitude, much is known about the stability of the associated invariant density. However, when the map has slope magnitude ≤2 many different behaviors can occur as shown in (Keller in Monatsh. Math. 94(4): 313–333, 1982) for W maps. The main results of this note use a harmonic average of slopes condition to obtain new explicit constants for the upper and lower bounds of the invariant probability density function associated with the map, as well as a bound for the speed of convergence to the density. Since these constants are determined explicitly the results can be extended to families of approximating maps.
KeywordsAbsolutely continuous invariant measures Piecewise expanding maps of interval Lower bound for invariant density Explicit constants for rate of convergence Harmonic average of slopes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Eslami, P., Góra, P.: Stronger Lasota-Yorke inequality for piecewise monotonic transformations. Preprint Google Scholar
- 6.Keller, G.: Piecewise monotonic transformations and exactness. Collection: Seminar on Probability, Rennes 1978, Exp. No. 6, 32 pp. Univ. Rennes, Rennes (in French) Google Scholar
- 9.Kowalski, Z.S.: Invariant measures for piecewise monotonic transformation has a positive lower bound on its support. Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci., Sér. Sci. Math. XXVII(1), 53–57 (1979) Google Scholar
- 12.Góra, P., Li, Zh., Boyarsky, A.: Harmonic average of slopes and the stability of ACIM. Preprint Google Scholar
- 13.Li, Zh.: W-like maps with various instabilities of ACIM’s. Available at http://arxiv.org/abs/1109.5199
- 14.Li, Zh., Góra, P., Boyarsky, A., Proppe, H., Eslami, P.: A family of piecewise expanding maps having singular measure as a limit of ACIM’s. Ergod. Theory Dyn. Syst. (accepted) Google Scholar
- 15.Schmitt, B.: Contributions à l’étude de systèmes dynamiques unidimensionnels en théorie ergodique. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Bourgogne (1986) Google Scholar