Structural, Bulk Permittivity, and Magnetic Properties of Lead-Free Electronic Material: Ba1Bi1Cu1Fe1Ni1Ti3O12
- 14 Downloads
In this report, Ba1Bi1Cu1Fe1Ni1Ti3O12 (BBCFNTO termed further) ceramics were synthesized using a conventional ceramic processing route. The formation of multiple phases has been confirmed from by the XRD pattern at room temperature. The surface micrograph indicates the uniform distribution of grains with distinct grain boundary. The co-relation between the impedance and dielectric parameters was realized by using a phase sensitive meter over a good temperature and frequency range. The temperature- and frequency-dependent dielectric properties are linked to the conduction mechanism. The dielectric constant (K) and loss (tanδ) are increased sharply at high-temperature region, which is expected to be the onset of dipolar relaxation phenomena. The contribution of grain boundary (GBs) and grain (Gs) effects can be identified using the complex impedance spectroscopy. This synthesized material is investigated to model multifunctional devices.
KeywordsElectronic material Impedance Conductivity Magnetic
MS would like to give thanks to Dr. Arijeet Mitra, IOP, Bhubaneswar who carried out some experiments.
Miss M Sahu fabricated the sample and done the electrical characterization. Mr. Sugato has prepared draft. Dr. RNP Choudhary supervised the work.
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Y.K Hong, J.J. Lee, Magnetic supercapacitors, US Patent, US 2015/0179345 A1, (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Sahu, M., Choudhary, R.N.P., Das, S., Otta, S., Roul, B.K.: Inter-grain mediated intrinsic and extrinsic barrier layer network mechanism involved in Ca1Cu3Ti4O12 bulk ceramic. J. Mat. Science: Materials in Electronics. 28, 15676–15684 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.T. Priyatham, Ranjit Bauri, Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline Ni–YSZ cermet anode for SOFC, 61, 54–58, (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.N. Kumar, A. Shukla, R.N.P. Choudhary, Development of lead-free multifunctional materials Bi(Co0.45Ti0.45Fe0.10)O3 , 28, 308–314, (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.S Nath, S K Barick, S Hajra, RNP Choudhary, Studies of structural, impedance spectroscopy and magnetoelectric properties of (SmLi)1/2)(Fe2/3Mo1/3)O3 electroceramics, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 29: 12251–12257 (2018)Google Scholar
- 29.Sahu, M., Hajra, S., Choudhary, R.N.P.: Structural, electrical and dielectric characteristics of strontium-modified CaCu3Ti4O12. SN Applied Sciences. 1(13), (2019)Google Scholar
- 31.Liu, X.H., Xu, Z., Wei, X.Y., Yao, X.: Characterization of 0.7Bi(Fe0.9Cr0.1)O3–0.2PbTiO3–0.1BaTiO3 multiferroic ceramics derived from sol–gel. J. Am. Ceramic. Soc. 93, 1245–1247 (2010)Google Scholar