Reversible Magnetocaloric Effect of (La0.8Pr0.2)0.67Ba0.33MnO3 from Direct Measurements
- 20 Downloads
In this study, magnetic and magnetocaloric properties of (La0.8Pr0.2)0.67Ba0.33MnO3 manganite synthesized by sol-gel method were investigated. Under low magnetic field, temperature-dependent zero-field-cooled, field-cooled, and field-heated measurements were performed and the magnetic phase transition temperature corresponding to the sudden drop in magnetization was determined as 200 K. The magnetic entropy change value of the sample is determined as 2.2 J/kgK in 4.8 T magnetic field from isothermal magnetization curves. The adiabatic temperature change (ΔTad) of the sample was measured directly using an adiabatic calorimeter and measured as 0.72 K with a field change of 3 T. As a result of cyclic measurement of ΔTad, it is observed that the material has a reversible magnetocaloric effect (MCE) during the application and removal of the field 5 times. This reversible MCE property of the material is important in that it is the most desirable property of potential materials to be used in magnetic cooling systems.
KeywordsManganites Magnetocaloric effect Magnetic entropy Curie temperature Adiabatic temperature change
The author would like to thank Professor Mehmet Acet for experimental measurements and Dr. Ahmet Ekicibil for helpful discussion.
- 2.Tishin, A.M., Buschow, K.H. (eds.): Handbook of magnetic materials, vol. 12, pp. 395–524. North-Holland, Amsterdam (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Mezaal, N.A., Osintsev, K.V., Zhirgalova, T.B.: IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science. 87, 032024 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Tishin, Y.I. Spichkin, (2003), IOP Publishing LTD.Google Scholar
- 14.C.B. Zimm, A. Sternberg, A. G. Jastrab, A. M. Boeder, L. M. Lawton, J. J. Chell, US Patent 6.526.759.4 (2003)Google Scholar
- 24.Kılıç Çetin, S., Ekicibil, A.: Çukurova University Journal of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture. 32-1, 141–145 (2017)Google Scholar