Magnetic, Microwave Absorbing Performance of Al8Mn5 Alloy with La Dopant
- 6 Downloads
The Al8Mn5 − xLax (x = 0, 0.2, 0.6, 1.0) powders were triumphantly manufactured by vacuum melting and planetary mill equipment. The influences of La content on phase constitution, morphology, saturation magnetization, and electromagnetic parameters were investigated by related equipment. The consequences demonstrate that Al8Mn4La phase, average size of particulate increases and the saturation magnetization (Ms) decreases as La content increased. The minimum reflectivity of Al8Mn4.4La0.6 powder reaches about −43.5 dB in the range of 10.8 to 11.7 GHz, and the effective bandwidth (RL < − 10 dB) can obtain about 1.70 GHz with the best matching thickness of 1.8 mm. These manifest Al8Mn5-xLax (x = 0, 0.2, 0.6, 1.0) powders possess the capacity to be excellent microwave absorbing materials.
KeywordsAl8Mn5 − xLax powders Ball milling Electromagnetic parameters Magnetic performance Microwave absorbing property
This project is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51361007), 2017 director fund of Guangxi Key Laboratory of wireless wideband communication and signal processing (GXKL06170107), and Innovation Project of GUET Graduate Education (2018YJCX87).
- 6.Xu, J.S., Zhou, W.C., Luo, F.: Research progress on radar stealth technique and radar absorbing materials. Mater. Rev. 28, 46–49 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Duan, L., Wen, B.Y.: Research progress of ploymer-based microwave absorbing materials. Mater. Rev. 28, 58–62 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, B.Q., Yu, M.X., Zhang, W.: Research progress of anisotropic magnetic absorbing materials. Mater. Rev. 3, 42–46 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Chikazumi, S.: The magnetic body manual (middle volume). Beijing: Metallurgical Industry Press (1948)Google Scholar
- 10.Yang, Y.C., He, W.W., Lin, Q.: Neutron diffraction study of hard magnetic alloy MnAlC. Acta Phys. Sin. 32, 1454–1459 (1983)Google Scholar
- 11.Tian, R. T.: The research of Mn-Al-C type magnetic alloys (MS. thesis). Hebei University of Technology (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Liao, S.B., Yin, G.J.: The absorption and reflection of absorbing material on electromagnetic wave. Aerosp. Mater. Technol. 2, 16–20 (1992)Google Scholar
- 15.Luo, J. L., Pan, S. K., Qiao, Z. Q., Cheng, L. C., Wang, Z. Z., Lin, P. H.: Electromagnetic and microwave absorption properties of flaky Nd-Ho-Fe particles. J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron. 28, 16366–16373 (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Liao, S.B.: Ferromagnetic science (Next volume), pp. 3–88. Science Press, Beijing (1988)Google Scholar
- 17.Tang, L.Y., Chi, X., Wei, J.Q.: Electromagnetic parameters and microwave absorption of Fe-(50)Ni-(50)/methyl-methacrylate composites. J. Magn. Mater. Devices. 6, 10–12 (2013)Google Scholar
- 18.Zhang, Z. Q.: Microwave magnetic and microwave absorption mechanism of FeSiAl planar anisotropy powders composites, (MS. Thesis) GanSu: Lanzhou University (2012)Google Scholar