Synthesis and structure of copper(II) trans-diaqua-bis(3-hydroxybenzoylhydrazine) nitrate dihydrate [Cu(C7H8O2N2)2(OH2)2](NO3)22H2O
- 31 Downloads
Synthesis of [Cu(m-HBH)2(OH2)2](NO3)2·2H2O, where m-HBH = C7H8O2N2 (3-hydroxybenzoylhydrazine), is described. The structure of the compound was studied by X-ray phase analysis and IR spectroscopy; crystal data are a = 57.415(6) Å, b = 19.760(2) Å, c = 7.586(2) Å; Fdd 2, Z = 16, R(F) = 0.053. The compound consists of [Cu(m-HBH)2(OH2)2]2+ complex cations, NO 3 − anions, and two water molecules. The similarity between the IR spectra of Cu(m-HBH)2(NO3)2·nH2O and Co(m-HBH)2(NO3)2·5H2O, element analysis data, and crystal data obtained at the first stage of X-ray analysis show that the structures and compositions of these compounds are identical relative to the type of surroundings of the central atom. In contrast to the cobalt compound [Co(m-HBH)2(OH2)2](NO3)2·3H2O, in which the cobalt atom has a nearly regular octahedron as a coordination polyhedron, the copper(II) compound has a square bipyramid around the copper atom; c.n. is 6 = 4 + 2 (planar distances: 2.013(2) Å, 2.021(2) Å, 2.033(3) Å, 2.087(3) Å; axial distances: 2.367(3) Å, 2.374(3) Å) and lacks one crystallization water molecule.
Keywordscomplex compounds synthesis structural analysis transition metals 3-hydroxybenzoylhydrazine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. B. Miminoshvili, K. É. Miminoshvili, L. A. Beridze, et al., Georgian Engineering News, 1, 95–99 (2006).Google Scholar
- 2.A. F. Wells, Structural Inorganic Chemistry, Oxford University Press, New York (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.G. M. Sheldrik, SHELXTL. User Manual, Revision 4, Nicolet XRD Corporation, USA (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.C.-J. Li, W. Li, M.-L. Tong, and S. W. Ng, Acta Crystallogr., E61, m232–m234 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.S. P. Zhang, Z.-D. Liu, J.-L. Ma, S. Yang, and S.-C. Shao, ibid., m423/m424.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Cao, N. Li, D.-J. Xu, et al., ibid., E60, m1066/m1067 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.É. B. Miminoshvili, K. É. Miminoshvili, S. R. Zazashvili, and L. A. Beridze, Georgian Engineering News, 2, 78–80 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.A. E. Shvelashvili, T. O. Vardosanidze, É. B. Miminoshvili, et al., Koordinats. Khim., 16, No. 12, 1657–1660 (1990).Google Scholar
- 9.A. E. Shvelashvili, É. B. Miminoshvili, T. O. Vardosanidze, et al., Georgian Engineering News, 1, 100–104 (2001).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Efimov, L. P. Belorukova, I. V. Vasilkova, and V. A. Chechev, Properties of Inorganic Compounds [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1983), pp. 142–172.Google Scholar